The Area Sales Manager is responsible for the development and execution of sales of the Company's Field Radiography portfolio. The objective is to achieve targeted sales levels and profit objectives from a defined business territory in accordance with the Regional Business Plan. The territory is Southern Germany, Austria and Switzerland.Essential Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a sales plan for assigned products within a defined geographic territory aimed at achieving and exceeding sales turnover and financial return within the most cost-effective route and time-frame.
- Target new business accounts and opportunities as well as existing customers;
- Actively manage the relationship with existing and prospective customers to ensure alignment with company objectives;
- Maintain a high level of technical and commercial competency on relevant products, techniques and applications;
- Accurately forecast sales and growth opportunities within the designated territory using sales tools and applications. Prepare and participate in business reviews/forecasts, to ensure a constant flow of information between customers, opportunities and the Company. Ensure data accuracy.
- Maintain an awareness of competitor activities and developments and ensure this information is collected and made available to leadership.
- Ensure profitability and alignment with pricing guidelines
- Close collaboration with internal Engineering, Supply Chain and Service teams
- University degree in an engineering or other technical related discipline
- Relevant industry and commercial experience
- A proven track-record of achieving and exceeding sales targets, and a desire to grow new business
- Residence in South Germany is desireable but extensive travel will be necessary (>50%.)
- Experience in understanding customer needs and business drivers. Using this knowledge to develop account plans and strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Persistence in developing prospects and customers, and ability to close business
- Strong presentation, analytical and customer service skills
- Self-starter, able to manage time and organize and prioritize workload
- Fluent in German and English
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more