At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
This role has responsibility for the creation & timely provision of engineering design deliverables associated with Well systems on specific global client projects. The role will drive a project team of engineering resources to configure horizontal or vertical subsea xmas tree designs and associated tooling which satisfies client requirements for subsea field installations.
This position reports functionally to the regional projects engineering manager of Well Systems.Essential Responsibilities:
- Interpret client & industry specifications in the definition of project designs.
- Approve functional project design specifications.
- Baseline engineering plan with sequencing of deliverables to meet project needs.
- Baseline documentation plan with definition of register to meet project needs.
- Drive overall engineering progress with regards to on time delivery and earned value on project plan s-curves.
- Approve project bill of materials in Team centre for project designs.
- Manage project technical reviews and interface registers in the review & approval cycle of designs provided to manufacturing & suppliers.
- Interpret supply chain & manufacturing requirements in the definition of project standards.
- Manage design verification, which may include but not limited to: risk analysis, failure analysis, finite element analysis, flow assurance, or calculations to establish project design verification packages.
- Approve project procedures and documentation e.g datasheets, field service manuals etc which represent project deliverables.
- Ensure project designs conform with latest regulatory, environmental & safety standards with implementation of necessary revisions and/or obsolesce of parts.
- Collaborate with product owners, controlled titles & operations engineer to agree application of technologies & disposition of deviations from manufacture or suppliers.
- Collaborate with project management, quality, supply chain & manufacturing representative for project in timely release of designs to suppliers & manufacturing.
- Identify & manage project technical risks during execution with collaborative input from others.
- Monitor stages of component and/or assembly build and testing with witness as required to confirm standards of design.
- Bachelors degree in engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Extensive experience in product designs - horizontal & vertical Xmas tree & tooling.
- Extensive experience in client & industry standards applied to Xmas tree & tooling.
- Experience in performance management of individuals in project design environment.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website