Job Description Where you fit in
The successful candidate will be part of Lubricants Supply Chain Regional Engineering team based at the Houston Lubricants facility in Galena Park, Texas. This group provides technical support, project management, operations performance/reliability improvement, leadership across all elements of our Lubricants business in the America's. What's the role?
The successful candidate will deliver, maintain and manage the end to end process control systems across the Houston Lubricants facility located in Galena Park, Texas. Within this role, accountabilities can be summarized as the following activities:Accountabilities:
- Working safely and complying with all Shell, local, national and international standards for design, maintenance, and safety.
- Provide field technical support for repairs and improvements in the areas of electrical and instrumentation installation, troubleshooting, cleaning, inspection, calibration, and maintenance throughout the facility safely and professionally. This includes but is not limited to all electrical, instrumentation, and distributive control equipment, blending control systems, control valves, variable speed drive equipment, meters, production lines, and mix systems.
- Leading and mentoring a team in a non-supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrate a commitment to knowledge sharing and a learning culture within the team.
- Working with maintenance planner and operations to prioritize and expedite repairs and PMs.
- Communicate with equipment vendors and part suppliers to troubleshoot, order, and improve on equipment and machine design to deliver enhanced equipment performance.
- Responsible for working closely with equipment vendors to ensure a smooth transition of new equipment and equipment upgrades to the site, including training of line operators if necessary. Help ensure all aspects of compliance are being met in the areas of safety, quality, GMP's and FDA on site equipment.
- Actively participate in the design and documentation of improvements for line changeovers, operations and maintenance.
- Coordinate maintenance activities with other members of the maintenance team, operations, site leadership and customers.
- Creating, modifying and maintaining maintenance and operational procedures.
- Supporting the engineering and projects teams to provide insight, feedback and ensure project delivery.
- Interface with contractors and partners during day-to-day operations and projects.
- Maintain database of PLC programs and catalog changes as necessary.
- Gather and analyze data for troubleshooting and/or research purposes.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.Requirements What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Associates degree in process control, automation, electrical engineering or similar degree required.
- Minimum of 4 years working in manufacturing or fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) industry with a focus in process control, automation, packaging, or electrical required.
- Skill in troubleshooting and programming PLCs, Allen-Bradley and Siemens preferred.
- Skill in creating and modifying HMI displays, preferably Allen-Bradley.
- Skill in motor controls, including across the line contactors, VFDs and soft starters.
- Knowledgeable in field troubleshooting and maintenance of controls, including control valves, level, temperature, pressure and flow meters.
- Knowledge of relay logic.
- Knowledge of pneumatic controls.
- Knowledge with industrial communications protocols, including Hart, Profibus and Ethernet.
- Skilled in troubleshooting and/or repairing, if qualified, high voltage circuits (up to 480VAC),
- Knowledge of interpreting JIC & DIN electrical schematics, ANSI electronic schematics, P&ID's, loop diagrams, electrical "single lines", and logic documentation.
- Skill in independent analysis and troubleshooting to find solutions to difficult technical problems.
- Skill to utilize previous experience, documented procedures and practices or manufacturers literature to resolve issues.
- Skill in strong organizational and documentation skills for recording all activities and communications pertaining to problems and solutions.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.