As a DevOps / Cloud Engineer, you will be a vital part of the team who provides guidance, support and management of the standard build and test cloud infrastructure for a fast-moving Agile Engineering group. Essential Responsibilities:
In the role of DevOps / Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Reviewing, writing, refactoring, and optimizing Automated Build Scripts within an Azure DevOps environment to support multiple cross function teams.
- Managing Hyper-v virtual machines using tools like SCVMM and Packer
- Supporting a variety of different Application & License servers including Azure DevOps Server, Jama and Coverity.
- Implement customized build processes to support the global operations of the Hardware, Software, Firmware and System Test & Validation Engineering teams
- Collaborate with leaders on the vision and implementation of a Cloud Build Environment
- Support maintenance of existing Build Environment infrastructure (Hardware and Software)
- Be a key contributor to the continuous improvement across the software build organization
- Develop reusable solutions, to assist and accelerate business teams migrating, transforming, or creating applications for the public cloud.
- Eager to learn in applying new technologies to existing problems
- Ensure cybersecurity of DevOps infrastructure and toolsets
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and / or Engineering discipline from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Automation/DevOps experience (Software testing and development)
- Experience with Powershell, MSBuild, Azure DevOps Server, Windows and Linux system administration
- Experience with C#, Packer, Chef, InSpec, NuGet, Chocolatey, Pester, Docker (deployed in Jama)
- Experience with agile methodologies and practices
- Experience with automated delivery/deployment with hands-on knowledge of setting up the infrastructure to enable automated delivery for our customers as well as internal project teams
- Contributes in driving initiatives such as defining standards and processes to ensure quality
- Experience in developing code for other developers to learn from
- Experience with network trouble shooting, managing VM's in a Hyper-V environment and Microsoft Workflow
- Knowledge of software engineering fundamentals
- Experience with pair-programming, Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Demonstrated Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle and Associated Tools
- Trained and/or knowledgeable in Cybersecurity methodologies
- Strong problem-solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Skilled in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
- Applies values, business strategy, policies, precedent, and experience to make complex decisions in ambiguity and with uncertain consequences.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluate information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Proven project management skills
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Change oriented - actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives; confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more