The Geoscience and Petroleum Engineering (GPE) group aligns their business to integrate with each Oilfield Services (OFS) Geomarket organization. For that purpose, the GPE Lead - Permian role is located within the Location organization and reports solid line to the GPE Technical Sales Leader and dotted line to the Vice President of the Permian Geomarket.
The role works closely with its Geomarket peers across all OFS Product Lines to develop and grow the Geomarket's business. This is done by collaborating with individual product lines, supporting the application of multiple product line combinations (SVCs) as well as promoting GPE services to Baker Hughes clients.
A high degree of understanding of Unconventionals and the OFS business is essential to perform in this role. The individual requires a substantial drive for results and appreciation of Operator's business to become a proactive partner of the Geomarket's multiple product line organization.Essential Responsibilities:
The position focuses on delivering the value proposition of Baker Hughes' tools and services through helping our customers to advance reservoir performance.
- Acts as reservoir/subsurface geoscience focal point to customer.
- Builds and develops technical relationships with clients.
- Is intimately familiar with Unconventional reservoirs and understands Permian basin geology.
- Works side by side with the Product Lines in Location to explain the reservoir/subsurface geoscience application of a proposed Baker Hughes service.
- Has technical skills to identify applicable GPE products and deliverables for customers.
- Works directly with clients to assess their needs and develops solutions that create their desire for Baker Hughes products and services.
- Provides reservoir development related technical expertise and combines that with available Baker Hughes technologies to proactively develop business opportunities and advise internal and external customers on their application.
- Acquires and sells subsurface studies to customers with Baker Hughes Operations execution as an outcome.
- May develop or coordinate a Location team of specialists that deliver a range of subsurface-related tasks.
- Works with the larger GPE North America organization to enable the local delivery of expertise.
- Reports project status to the GPE Technical Sales Leader and the Vice President of Permian OFS Operations.
- 10+ years of industry experience in a sub-surface or well construction or well completion discipline
- Possesses a clear understanding of the oil & gas upstream value chain and client drivers
- Has demonstrated expertise in Unconventional reservoirs
- Will have worked in field operations for an operator or large oilfield service company
- Has previously created subsurface geoscience deliverables
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and network across complex organizations and disciplines
- Has managed diverse and multi-cultural teams
- Has the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to negotiate towards win-win situations and find progressing opportunities
- Be able to travel about 20% of time
- Degree qualified
- Project management skills
- Be confident, flexible and adaptable and perform under stress when required
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more