Skills: NDT Technician, Pipe Inspection / NDT, QA / QC / Inspection
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Geismar, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Petroplan's client, Downstream Operator is looking to add a QA/QC Mechanical Inspector to join their team. This is for a Greenfield Gas to Liquid Project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take product measurements and samples; accurately and promptly; perform related calculations; complete required reports and forms; perform inventories; do non-petroleum or chemical inspection assignments.
- Verify the accuracy of measurement equipment and keep all issued equipment clean and in good condition at all times.
- Perform visual cleanliness inspections of tanks including entering confined spaces.
- Work safely in the presence of hazardous materials as defined in the appropriate Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Perform other inspection department duties assigned by Operations.
- Exercise procedural, safety and quality requirements specified by Coastal Gulf & International.
- Attend training and pass appropriate examinations in petroleum, chemical and gas inspection procedures, including Right-to-Know training, hazardous materials transportation, and other safety training required by applicable regulations.
- Inspectors must be ready to accept job assignments at any time and must be willing to work on an on-call basis.
- Read and understand all job and safety requirements in English.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- All other duties assigned by management.
- Experience with NDT
- API 570 Certification
- Must have internal and external customer service skills.
- Candidate must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Have a great work history with a track record of being responsible individual.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- TWIC card required.
- IFIA certification preferred.
This position is performed inside and outside weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
The working environment and physical demands described here are representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, lifting and/or carrying up to 75lbs, pushing and/or pulling up to 40lbs, climbing up to 180ft, perceiving color difference, ability to wear personal protective equipment (beards not permitted), and strenuous physical activity.
- Office and Field Based position, petroleum refinery, warehouse/plant environment, out-of-doors environment, driver based environment including but not limited to chemicals, pressure vessels, tanks, rotating equipment, and working in confined spaces.
- Subject to all temperatures, weather, and road conditions. The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
- The worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- The worker is frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces, shafts, man holes, small enclosed rooms, small sewage and line pipes, and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects in over forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national corporations, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information on how Petroplan can help you, please feel free to visit our About Us page here; https://www.petroplan.com/about/
Petroplan is an established Global Recruitment Organization supplying technical manpower and administrative services to the oil, gas and petro-chemical industries. Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over three decades’ experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support feasibility studies through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan holds major global supply agreements with leading oil, gas and chemical operators and main contractors on a sole or preferred supplier basis. Our network of offices and strategic partner organizations provide on-the-ground support for clients and contracted individuals and teams in over 30 worldwide locations.
Our key discipline areas, which we regularly recruit for our clients, cover all phases of oil and gas exploration, production and refining projects:
Please visit us at www.petroplan.com for further information on our services and current vacancies.