Skills: Mechanical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in more than 80 countries and has a network of approximately 700 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 26,500 people.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world's current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Installs units, parts, equipment, and components in structural assembly, according to blueprints and specifications, using hand tools and power tools.
Locates and marks reference points and holes for installation of parts and components, using jigs, templates, and measuring instruments
Inspects and tests installed units, parts, and equipment for fit, performance, and compliance with standards, using measuring instruments and test equipment
Cuts, trims, and files parts, and verifies fitting tolerances to prepare for installation
Uses hand tools, power tools, and measuring devices such as tapes, gauges, pressure equipment, callipers and rules to assemble and test product.
Know and understand Weatherford SRO Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Ability to follow oral instructions.
- Ability to read a measuring tape, micrometer and callipers.
- General knowledge of assembly procedures.
- A strong working knowledge of completion tools, packers, safety valves, open/case hole tools
- Knowledge of Downhole tools: DD motors and fishing tools
- Good forklift skills
- Good knowledge of electrical overhead cranes
- Ability to change setup on operations and do simple troubleshooting and adjustments.
- Prior assembly experience.
- Min 5 years' experience assembly of down hole tools.
- Min 5 years' experience with completion tools.
- Ability to work with min. supervision
- Ability to read drawings and/or blue prints
Should be able to work closely with fellow employees.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching 401K program, comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. We may be a large company, but we empower our team to create fresh ideas that challenge convention and break the status quo. Our employees are the key to driving our growth and success. Everywhere we operate, they are inspired to develop new and efficient ways of raising the bar to meet the needs of an evolving industry and solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
At Weatherford, you will work in an exciting, high-energy environment where we are making groundbreaking, award-winning advancements in oilfield technology. The opportunity to explore your potential is limitless.
Visit www.weatherford.com/careers to learn more.