Company: Baker Hughes
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future.
The role entails the development of off-line programming of a variety of CNC machine tool types. To provide set up and tooling information for machine operators to minimise any production delays. To support shop floor editing of programs on prove out when required.
· Writing, testing and maintaining CNC programs for a wide variety of machining centers
· Provision of detailed set-up and tooling sheets
· Assist with identifying, planning and coordinating specialised tooling or gauges necessary for component manufacture.
· Assist with investigating and resolving shop floor problems
· Assist the methods and planning departments as required
· Any other ad-hoc duties and special projects as required
· Experience gained in a manufacturing environment working CNC machines
· Experienced in problem solving in relation to manufacturing and machining processes
· Experience gained in relation to programming machines for the manufacture of tools, using a variety of metals and processes
· Knowledge of working with 3D CAD/CAM packages
· Experience of different programing code, ISO, Heidenhain, Mazak would be beneficial
· Analytical & Problem solving skills
· Ability to understand complex manufacturing drawings and process instructions
· Ability of selecting best practice cutting tools and their application
· The use of Solid Works CAD and NX CAM would be beneficial
· Familiar with DNC systems and file control
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more