Skills: HR - General
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
HR GENERALIST MANAGER
As a direct report to the Vice President of Human Resources, this position will also have a matrixed accountability to the assigned Business Unit Presidents. The HR Generalist Manager is responsible for working with the HR Management team to implement the corporate human resources strategy. The incumbent and their team is responsible for delivering HR services and solutions to assigned business areas through proactive consultation with leaders, business advocacy within HR, and collaboration with HR Centers of Excellence. This position provides a spectrum of both strategic and tactical HR support to leaders and associates within assigned business areas. The incumbent is responsible for leading a team of direct reports.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for working with the HR Management team to implement the corporate human resources strategy
- Responsible for management and development of a team of direct reports
- Provides HR consultation to executive leaders in the strategic planning process and develops human resources strategies that support business area-specific needs. Ensures alignment between HR strategy and business objectives.
- Partner with executives, leaders, and employee teams to proactively address the human capital objectives and needs of the business to include recruitment, development, compensation planning, employee relations, organization effectiveness, change leadership, employee engagement & retention and communication.
- Day to day human resources generalist responsibilities in the areas of performance management, compensation & salary planning, employee relations, analytics/reporting, recruitment liaison, etc.
- Partner with local HR employees, legal and finance to manage international assignments and employee agreements.
- Proactively work with the business to implement talent management programs to improve leadership capabilities, ensure succession planning, high potential identification and development objectives are achieved. Bring creativity and innovative thinking to the process.
- Improve HR processes in support of the business to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement organizational HR initiatives to improve and facilitate organizational effectiveness, career progression, talent development, organizational design, and culture development
- Proactively gathers and analyzes various Human Resources statistics to monitor trends (e.g. exit interviews, turnover, development plans, performance reward systems) and develops recommendations and strategies to ensure Business Unit effectiveness in the areas of retention, performance management, and employee development.
- Responsible for partnering with Compensation to evaluate and coordinate the work to address needs related to compensation programs.
- Promotes leadership effectiveness and compliance with HR policies and programs though coaching of people leaders, facilitated learning programs, and delivery of standardized tools and best practices. Also, uses knowledge of various human resources functions, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, and associate relations, to provide tactical HR support to people managers
- Provides coaching and guidance to managers in identifying and analyzing training and development needs of their employees including, but not limited to, HR processes, performance management, employee relations, employee development, compensation and succession planning.
- Identifies and evaluates changes in industry practices and business trends and recommends appropriate strategies to address these changes.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to influence, coach and consult with all levels of the organization in a positive and effective manner
- Strong global experience with specific experience with Expat assignments and an appreciation for the complexities and issues/nuances involved in global business operations.
- Demonstrated experience coaching business leaders and facilitating organizational change.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all Human Resources functions with a focus on retaining and developing talent.
- Project management experience leading teams to address complex issues.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and to organize workload to assure that short timelines are met given frequent interruptions
- Strong business and HR acumen, including strong problem solving skills, critical thinking and self-initiative - has a track record on delivering commitments.
- Solid working knowledge of U.S. federal and state employment laws, international labor laws and regulations for a minimum of two countries (such as Canada and the UK) related to human resources. Must have a working knowledge of local country regulations/statutory requirements.
- Must have a knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural norms in order to successfully establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships and influence outcomes.
- Proven critical thinking skills are required for problem analysis and resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and HRIS required; Oracle experience preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills are required in order to analyze data from diverse sources. Must be able to present outcomes of analyses in diverse formats, for example: written high-level observations of analyses (Word), tables and charts (Excel), and leadership presentations (PowerPoint).
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business required, with a concentration in Human Resources preferred. Master's degree preferred.
- A thorough knowledge of the Human Resources body of knowledge, as well as general business acumen, is required.
- At least seven years Human Resources experience in a fast paced environment with competing demands that required excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, relationship building, problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Minimum of three years of direct supervisory experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- PHR or SPHR or local equivalent preferred
- Must have a valid and current passport
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure including foreign currencies, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Strong mathematical aptitude required, as demonstrated by advanced utilization of Excel for statistical analyses.
- A high level of conceptual thinking, judgment and decision making is required for solving problems that may affect many departments or processes, or for solving problems that require innovative approaches to complex situations.
- Demonstrated ability to view problems from the context of the larger picture of the organization's overall goals and strategies in order to put the elements of problems into proper perspective. Seeks effective solutions by taking a holistic, abstract or theoretical perspective.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be asked to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position resides within a normal office working environment. International travel will be required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee may also be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals in some work areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Core Laboratories is a leading provider of proprietary and patented Reservoir Description and Production Enhancement.
Located with over 70 offices in more than 50 countries in every major oil-producing province in the world. Core Laboratories remains dedicated to providing the technology our client’s need to enhance their production. We continue to develop and acquire technologies that complement our existing products and services, and we disseminate these technologies throughout our global network.
Our Clients are the world’s largest major, national and independent oil companies. Core Laboratories' reservoir optimization technologies are used to increase total recovery from existing fields. Our services enable our clients to optimize reservoir performance and maximize hydrocarbon recovery from their production fields.
Core Laboratories has taken extensive measures to ensure the services and data provided by all of our worldwide companies are of the highest quality and integrity. Our commitment to applying and developing new technologies to optimize reservoir performance is unsurpassed in the oilfield service industry. This commitment to technology and to our client’s bottom line makes Core Laboratories, The Reservoir Optimization Company™.
Our Culture has been defined by over 70 years of business built on the principles of integrity and ethical conduct in the support of our clients. Our continuing primary goal is “to produce a quality product on time at a competitive price” in a manner consistent with these principles. The integrity of our company and ability to provide quality products and services to our clients are the essence of our business.
These same ethical standards are what we expect from our employees. We could not accomplish the extraordinary results we have in our past and will in our future without talented and dedicated employees – such as we have now.
It is the talented and dedicated employees that have positioned Core Laboratories as the leading provider of reservoir- optimizing technologies. You can feel and see this in our culture. Core Laboratories strives to create an environment for our employees so they can advance in their careers enabling both the company and its employees to build value. Our inclusive culture thrives on team-work and mutual respect for our differences. There are opportunities for everyone to grow.