The Senior Engineer demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives by managing complex issues within functional areas of expertise, being involved in long-term projects, and contributing to the overall business strategy. This position owns broad mechanical leadership for surface and subsea components such as Annulars, RAMS, Diverters, Risers, Connectors, Telescopic Joints, Stacks and Mechanical Controls. Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead execution of the design, analysis, and evaluation of assigned individual and team projects using engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to Mechanical Product Engineering and coordinate with Analysis, Material and other engineering groups supporting the assigned project.
- Guide and recommend the approach to meet the technical and program requirements
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Work with designers to develop engineering models and drawings, create parts and assembly specifications, document design efforts according to the Design Planning Process (DPP) / ISO standards.
- Initiate, Participate and present in technical and project reviews
- Support Sourcing and Manufacturing with expert and timely advice in delivering products
- Represent the company as the drill-thru SME in customer meetings, industry meetings and conferences
- Mentor and coach junior team members and progress their technical and non-technical skills
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience within Oilfield Equipment with knowledge and experience with drill through products and tools
- Strong background in mechanical design principles. Must have worked on all aspects of product engineering including design, analysis, manufacturing support, testing of mechanical tools
- Product knowledge of subsea connectors, marine drilling risers or BOPs
- Experience with hydraulic components and hydraulic control systems
- Understanding of piping design including hydraulic schematics, pipe sizing and flow analysis.
- Familiar with structural design including material strengths, material/shape selection and bolted connections.
- Experience with welded joint design and AWS D1.1.
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing ANSI Y14.5M (GD&T)
- Experience performing Finite Element Analysis, preferably ANSYS
- Proficient using MS Office applications, MathCad, Creo,
- Knowledgeable of applicable codes and standards (API 16A/C/D/F, BSEE WCR, NACE, ASME, etc.)
- Understands general material types, coating types, manufacturing techniques, and NDE
- Ability to work in a team environment on short or long term projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills