A Fantastic Direct Hire Job Opportunity has just been made available for an experienced Insurance Specialist
(Finance Department) to be based in Qatar for a terminal operating company providing container, general cargo, RORO, livestock and offshore supply services in Hamad Port, Qatar's gateway to world trade.
To direct and manage the insurance function for the company and is responsible for the facilitation and management of comprehensive insurance programs for the company and all its projects to ensure appropriate allocation of contractual risks between all the parties involved and seamless management of the insurance related features, while protecting stakeholders and their financial interests.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in law, finance, business administration or similar discipline from a reputable university.
- 6 years of experience in insurance or related business discipline, with at least 3 years of experience in insurance role preferably in a shipping or related industry.
Job-Specific Skills (Generic / Technical):
- Proficiency in English (must) and Arabic (strongly preferred).
- Expert knowledge of insurance management principles and regulatory requirements alongside knowledge of national and international insurance management standards
- Knowledge and understanding of local regulatory policies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and analytical tools.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills.
- Regulatory and Compliance awareness
- Ability to work with key stakeholders and external partners/advisors through collaboration & teamwork in a non-hierarchical relationship framework.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Regulatory and Compliance awareness.
- Good understanding of Qatar and GCC culture and working environment
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.