A Fantastic Direct Hire Job Opportunity has just been made available for an experienced CHIEF TECHNICAL OFFICER
to be based in Qatar for a terminal operating company providing container, general cargo, RORO, livestock and offshore supply services in Hamad Port, Qatar's gateway to world trade.
To lead and oversee a multi-disciplinary team of engineering experts responsible for providing technical engineering and maintenance solutions for all operating assets across the port to ensure port integrity, reliability and minimize any risks that may delay operation plans.
To qualify, candidate must possess the following:
The jobholder is expected to draw up plans and strategies for the effective maintenance of plant and equipment and support effective technical solutions to the organization, ensuring adherence with international best practices, HSE standards and local laws and regulations.
Key decisions affecting the direction and operation of the function must be referred to the CEO for ratification before they can be implemented. The jobholder exercises financial authority as per the level established by company's management and stipulated in the authority matrix.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar discipline from a reputable university.
- MBA is preferred.
- 15 years of experience in a similar environment in a port operations environment, including at least 5 years in senior managerial role.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability with strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- A demonstrable track record of working at the highest standards and delivering outstanding results, including managing change and delivering on growth strategies.
- Proficiency in English (must) and Arabic (strongly preferred).
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- In-depth knowledge of downtime analysis and good knowledge of problem-solving tools
- In-depth knowledge of general mechanical/electrical engineering and industrial automation
- Knowledge of tenders and contracts management
- Extensive skill in leading teams from a multi-cultural background.
- Good knowledge of automated terminal management systems and Microsoft Office and web applications.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Excellent conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to work with key stakeholders, senior executives, management team and external partners/advisors through collaboration & teamwork in a non-hierarchical relationship framework.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of Qatar and GCC culture and working environment.
- Ability to scan the external environment to understand impact on the organization.
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several large-scale projects.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.