Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Senior Geophysical interpreter in the HydroCarbon Search research team you will be expected to:
- Work with data scientists and other geoscientists to develop new technologies to identify and evaluate new plays and prospects through the interpretation of seismic data and other geophysical data
- Develop new technologies for providing seismic interpretations, volumetrics and risk assessments
- Lead the business deployment of new technologies
- Lead the development of the vision for the next generation of seismic interpretation tools
- Provide feedback to junior geoscientists and data scientists on their latest AI models for seismic interpretation
- Provide steer for the geophysical modeling used to train AI networks
- Lead discussions with Legal for protecting our technical freedom of action
- Identify and prototype new and nascent technologies applicable to subsurface interpretation.
- Mentor and coach less experienced staff.
- Participate in billable project work and data room reviews in support of new business opportunity evaluations.
- Be aware of and implement new technology developments (internal and external) and help deploy fit-for-purpose new technology on the team
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There's never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you'll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future - whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We're huge advocates for career development. We'll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Advance degree in Geophysics, Geology or a closely related field
- 10+ of experience as a technical contributor in exploration/appraisal
- Independent explorer familiar with all aspects of exploration
- Strong workstation skills and ability to provide quality 2D and 3D interpretations expected
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to mentor
- Ability to work in an integrated team environment and communicate effectively across disciplines
- Code writing, processing and non-seismic experience will be considered a big advantage
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video