BHGE Field Engineers are a vital link providing power to the world. They lead the installation, maintenance and start-up of a broad range of equipment @ Customers' sites. BHGE Field Engineers before acting as a technical competent person has to be a role model in embracing a culture of HSE, Quality and Compliance pillars to be always promoted worldwide.Essential Responsibilities:
As a Field Engineer you will represent BHGE both technically and professionally to ensure the equipment to be installed, maintained and started-up properly. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing on-site technical direction to skilled manpower during Steam Turbine, Maintenance and Commissioning activities on Customer Sites, even in remote areas.
- Leading Installation, Maintenance, Commissioning Site Activities with proper Customer/Company
- Schedule Targets Mindset following strictly Quality and HSE Rules
- Utilizing Problem Solving Skills, Engineering Instructions, Drawings, and Process Instructions during Steam Turbine Commissioning and Start-up Activities.
- Possessing the Technical Capability to troubleshoot and execute routine maintenance checkout for Steam Turbine and auxiliaries.
- Preparation of job-planning documents based to Assignment's Scope of Work (Installation, Upgrade, Outage).
- Communicating effectively with Service / Installation / Project Managers and Site Leaders/Site manager on job planning and execution and with Resource Directors regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression.
- Providing input for Daily Outage and Weekly Installation Reports.
- Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for Customer records and as Reference for future Outages.
- Actively participate to customer and/or contractor meeting and be promoter on their recurrence and following action plan.
- Have knowledge of all HSE/Quality procedures and documentation applicable to specific activities and ensure they are properly followed and updated:
- Ensure that Red Flag Review process for New Units Installation is followed and applied;
- Ensure Site Quality Check List/Job Cards/Field Procedure are followed and properly signed;
- Ensure reports and drawings "marked-up" are completed;
- Ensure all RCA and Lesson Learned are addressed properly;
- Ensure all Non Conformity (technical and materials) are properly addressed using BHGE e-tools and follow up till resolution
- EU Work Permit.
- Engineering Degree or High School Technical Diploma or equivalent knowledge or work experience.
- Significant work experience, preferably in the energy or Oil & Gas industry.
- Strong knowledge on Steam Turbine and Reciprocating Compressor installation/maintenance philosophy
- Fluent both in Italian and English.
- Strong customer service-orientation, and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work efficiently without direct supervision.
- Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
- This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly (not less than 70%) without geographical restriction including offshore.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organisation.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more