Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Peterhead, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a Quality Inspector for a contract position, located in Peterhead
To continually review / monitor equipment during manufacture / servicing, ensuring all equipment complies with designed standards and maintenance procedures. They will witness pressure / function testing of the equipment and be responsible for sign off on completion of testing.
Responsible for conducting pre-load out inspections on equipment scheduled for shipment to the client. Carry out in-process inspection within the Fabrication and Maintenance workshops.
- Ensure New builds are in accordance with relevant standards, e.g. DNV 2-7.1
- Carry out Manufacturing / Fabrication / Servicing in-process inspections
- Review and inspect manufacturing progress at vendor premises
- Ensure all equipment meets the design criteria and regulatory compliance specified i.e. ATEX, CE.
- Liaise with Client representatives on client inspections
- Record and file inspection details / findings.
- Ensure vendor documentation is uploaded to the relevant asset record on C-SAM.
- Witness function / pressure testing on equipment, sign off test procedures
- Inspect all electrical panels/connections to ensure correct fittings/no loose cables etc
- Source information from third party representatives as necessary.
- Tabulate inspection data relating to product quality.
- Collate and analyse data against defined parameters.
- HNC/HND Level or equivalent in Technical or Engineering discipline (E)
- BOSIET (P)
- Background in a technical or engineering subject (E)
- Fully understand 2D and 3D drawings (E)
- Knowledge of mechanical & electrical principals (E)
- Knowledge of temporary mobile equipment (E)
- Ability to record data utilising Microsoft Word and Excel (E)
- Working within the oil & gas energy industry (P)
- Sufficient experience in relevant Technical or engineering subject (P)
- COMPEX knowledge (P)
- Knowledge of welding processes (P)
- Ability to work to a high standard at all times (E)
- Ability to develop and follow operational instructions (E)
- Dedicated to promoting a positive image of the company (E)
- Fully understand the requirements of a Quality Management System (E)
- Responsible attitude towards safety and equipment (E)
- Ability to work on their own with little supervision (E)
- Effective as a team player (E)
- Punctual (E)
- Ability to travel offshore/overseas when required (E)
- Clean UK Drivers License (E)
- Ability to propose suitable solutions to identified issues (E)
- Competent in applying defined systems of work (P)
- DNV 2-7.1 knowledge (P)
- ATEX and CE knowledge (P)
- Knowledge on inspection (P)
- techniques (certification and physical measurement (P)
- Knowledge of Fabrication (P)
- Processes (P)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (P)