Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Jandakot, Western Australia, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
A Field Service Engineer is an expert in the installation maintenance and repair of rotating equipment within the field.
Field Service Engineers are assigned to long-term positions on specific customer sites, providing specialist equipment support for GE rotating equipment installations within a customer's plant.
Field Service Engineers generally specialise within two major disciplines:
Mechanical FSEs also specialise on one of several mechanical equipment types within the GE stable of products. The range of equipment includes Heavy Duty Gas Turbines, Aero-Derivative Gas Turbines, Reciprocating Compressors and Centrifugal Compressors.
- Support customer operations by ensuring that operation and maintenance of GE rotating equipment is within GE prescribed parameters.
- Conduct fault diagnosis and performance evaluation of GE equipment in line with customer requirements.
- Prepare maintenance plans for GE equipment.
- Train customer personnel in the safe and efficient operation of GE equipment.
- Maintain stock level holdings of GE spare parts.
- Maintain specialist GE tooling on site.
- Liaise with GE engineering support on any technical issues that may arise during operation and maintenance of GE equipment.
- Support outage and maintenance teams in the preparation and execution of plant outages.
Engineering Degree/High School Technical Diploma or equivalent business experience.
From 5 to 7 years of related working experience in Oil & Gas industry within maintenance or installation field activities.
Solid understanding of the design and operating philosophy of gas turbines, centrifugal compressors, reciprocating compressors and/or their control and electrical systems.
Strong knowledge of GE product-specific rotating equipment maintenance and operation.
Ability to understand technical drawings.
Knowledge of GE information and management systems such as e-Tools and Oracle.
Strong analytic and problem solving skills together with good interpersonal & organizational skills.
AUD 90,000 - 130,000
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more