Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Transocean is focused on being the employer of choice for the drilling industry.
We are challenging ourselves every day to push the performance of the company through technological advances and passion for our work.
- Responsible for overall tax reporting of the group company.
- Responsible for consolidation of all global provision reports/schedules/workpapers including deferreds/payable/FIN48s
- Responsible for and guides the tax dept on all ASC740 technical matters.
- Ensures that workpapers conform to ASC740 requirements.
- Works to standardize all provision workpapers/schedules and reports.
- Develops and adheres to a Q/YE provision process and manages this process for and to the tax dept.
- Records all JEs for the provision at both the Q and YE.
- Prepares Management Reports for the Q/YE for review.
- Manages the FIN48 process and ensures a strict following of Transocean's FIN48 policy.
- Manages the RTP process and ensures a strict following of Transocean's RTP policy.
- Manages the VA process and ensures a strict following of the VA policy.
- Manages the payable process and ensures a strict following of the payable policy.
- Works with Financial Reporting (including the Corp Controller) to ensure that the provision is booked timely and accurately.
- Serves as the tax dept lead and point of contact to EY.
- Works with and develops EY's scope of the provision.
- Develops other policies and procedures as necessary.
- Prepares insights into the ETR and guides the tax dept on potential impacts to the ETR such as M&A, rig sales, purchases, and tax planning.
- Works with outside service providers on provision improvements whether it be technology or best practices.
- Manages a group of 1-2.
- Minimum Education: Under graduate degree in Accounting
- Preferred Education: Graduate degree in Accounting
- Minimum Experience: 10 years
- Preferred Experience: 15 years
- CPA Required
If you want to push yourself to great achievement, let Transocean develop your career.
No matter where in the world Transocean people are working, we are all pioneers at heart. We don’t shrink from challenges. They inspire us. Which is why we’ve been a company of firsts since our inception. Although we come from different countries, cultures and backgrounds, we’re united by our shared pursuit of excellence. We value the different perspectives represented throughout our organization, recognizing that our people are our most valuable asset.
In today’s competitive environment, when Transocean has asked our employees to embrace a performance culture that requires us to constantly seek improvement no matter how productive we are, our team has risen to the occasion. And in fact, they are changing the way we operate. If you are motivated by a work environment that consistently challenges you, one where you can have an impact that is felt on every rig and on the bottom lines of both Transocean and our customers, we encourage you to browse our available positions below and at www.deepwater.com/our-people
Transocean has received reports of unauthorized individuals falsely advertising or promising job opportunities and supporting their claims with forged documents. These individuals ask for money to cover processing fees, visas, work permits, etc. Transocean's hiring process does not include unsolicited offers of employment or require payment. We will only contact you if you have applied for employment through our website at: www.deepwater.com, or had contact with one of our local recruiting or field offices. We also have received reports of unauthorized solicitations of business or vendor quotes, which may request pricing and other commercial details. Please do not respond to any requests unless you can verify the origin of the request. Transocean communicates with its vendors using a vendor portal or direct communication with a designated Transocean representative known by vendors. Transocean will never ask you to send banking information by email. If you suspect fraud, we would encourage you to report such activity to your local police authorities.