Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Safety Officer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
REPORTS TO: Offshore Installation Manager
LOCATION: Offshore Gulf of Mexico
TYPE OF RIG: Semisubmersible, Drillship TBD
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the coordination of all QHSE efforts on board the unit. Supports rig leadership and crews by providing practical input to all aspects of QHSE operations but not limited to safety, training and compliance issues.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 4+ years experience in Offshore environment preferred with a strong emphasis on safety leadership or supervisory experience
- 3+ years previous experience in a safety role on 6th generation semi-sub or drillship
- Education in Safety, Occupational Health and Environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to operate software application as applicable to position. Possess the ability to effectively communicate and influence leadership in a positive manner.
- Strong observational, analytical and presentation skills and be proficient in verbal and written English language skills and able to effectively communicate with all crew members
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Offshore training required;
- BOSIET / HUET
- RigPass / Safe Gulf
- Accident / Investigation Training
- Effectively use and promote all safety and environmental tools which include management of change, Work Permit, TBRA, OBS, 4-Point Check etc.
- Responsible for training and instruction in the six Safety Critical Procedures
- Responsible for administration of the tracking system onboard and Total Management System Application (TMS)
- Knowledge in the Environmental Management System (EMS) of Seadrill to record any discrepancy or non-compliance
- Responsible for coordination and recording of all onboard safety training and e-learning for all personnel
- Work with HR Lead to monitor, coordinate, and track rig personnel's training and development in order to maintain training compliance as per company requirements
- Maintain compliance programs established by the Client and Governmental agencies
- Participate and assist in development and training of emergency response teams as per Station Bill
- Assist local safety committee delegates with safety related matters
- Support the development and implementation of QHSE practices and behaviors required for safe operations onboard the unit
- Conduct daily audits and weekly safety inspections with the relevant supervisors as required
- Prepare and conduct thorough and concise Unit Inductions for all arrivals onboard; induction to include site specific information as per policy
- Coach people in planning work, identifying risks, communicating, problem solving, and safety leadership
- Knowledgeable about behavioral processes and procedures used to identify potentially unsafe hazards or conditions. Able to identify and react accordingly to eliminate these hazards or conditions
- In the event of an incident on the unit, under the direction of the Offshore Installation Manager, the Safety Officer will: a) secure the site and take the necessary steps to preserve and document evidence; b) perform the initial incident investigation; c) participate in the investigation and root cause analysis; d) act as document control or recorder of the incident for the investigation team
- Assists the Third Party consultants with safety initiatives on the unit
- Experience working with and understanding of the international safety case process, unit bridging documents and information contained within each document and how they relate to daily operations
- Prepare and send reports on QHSE as directed by Offshore Installation Manager
- Facilitate and participate in pre tour, pre-job, TBRA and 4-point check meetings
- Update and maintain the QHSE Alerts, QHSE Notices and Training bulletin board(s)
- Perform or lead incident investigation as required
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position.
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meeting, etc.
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Position OFFSHORE SAFETY OFFICER Location Puglisevich USA Ltd.
This position is currently accepting applications.