Skills: Hydraulic & Pneumatic, Mechanic
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
REPORTS TO: Mechanical Supervisor
LOCATION: Offshore Gulf of Mexico
TYPE OF RIG: Semi-submersible / Drillship TBD
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the unit as directed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Technical Certificate in Hydraulics from a recognized body preferred
- 4+ years previous experience in a role on a 6th generation semi-sub drilling rig or drillship
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Offshore training required:
- BOSIET / HUET
- Rig Pass / Safe Gulf
- Performs Maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the unit as directed and instructed.
- Ensure that tasks are completed in a safe and efficient manner and comply with all Company policies and regulatory laws and regulations
- Carry out maintenance according to the Company Maintenance Management System guidelines
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to by the maintenance department
- Carry out daily inspections and maintenance on mechanical equipment
- Assist the drilling department with repair and maintenance of drilling equipment as required
- Inspect, troubleshoot and repair faulty mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic equipment and tools
- Ensure that reports for repair, maintenance, and service of equipment are accurate and complete
- Perform maintenance on the unit's safety systems and rescue equipment
- Assist the electrical department with repair and maintenance of electrical equipment as required
- Mentor, develop and train crew members to ensure they are competent to work in their current job positions and where appropriate coached and prepared for the next position
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor.
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping in maintained in assigned areas
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace.
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Position OFFSHORE HYDRAULIC MECHANIC - GOM Location Puglisevich USA Ltd.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: