Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Electrical Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR TEMPORARY / ON CALL WORK AS NEEDED
REPORTS TO: Electrical Supervisor
LOCATION: Offshore US Gulf of Mexico
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all instrumentation and computer-based control systems onboard the unit in accordance with the regulatory and company requirements
- Valid Technical Certificate from a recognized body preferred.
- 5+ years experience with electrical systems and maintenance
- Experience with PLCs, SCRs, and MCCs
- Previous offshore experience on a 6th generation semisubmersible and drillship preferred
- Read and understand electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams. Able to operate software application as applicable to position
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Offshore training required:
- BOISET / HUET
- Safe Gulf / RigPass
- Ensure that all installations, repair, calibrations and modifications to the electrical systems and components are carried out in accordance with company policies and regulatory laws
- Ensure that the permit to work and energy isolation procedures are strictly adhered to at all times
- Ensure that entries on permits, isolation tags and logs reflect current status
- Maintain and repair all electronic and instrumentation systems onboard
- Carry out installation, calibration and modification to electronic, instrumentation systems and components
- Maintain up to date back ups, images and computers. Preserve control system software and ensure software is stored in a secure location
- Participate in the effective management of the Company Maintenance Management System and ensure records are maintained in a timely manner
- Ensure all electronic equipment brought onto the rig, including Third Party equipment, is certified and meets regulatory requirements
- Conversant with the Programmable Logic Computer (PLC) system and networking drive control systems
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information with OEM and onshore staff
- Ensure that the maintenance log and all reports are accurate and complete
- Ensure electronic and instrument inventory is maintained in order to facilitate safe and efficient operation of the unit
- Carry out maintenance according to the Company Maintenance Management System
- Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on all electronic equipment are carried out
- Rebuild and repair printed circuit boards
- Read and work from electronic blueprint drawings
- Assist the electrical department with resolving electrical problems as required
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Position Electronic Technician Location Puglisevich USA Ltd.
This position is currently accepting applications.