Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
REPORTS TO: Driller
LOCATION: Offshore Gulf of Mexico
TYPE OF RIG: Semisubmersible, Drillship TBD
JOB SUMMARY: Organizing and supervising all the work in the areas related to the mud pit/pump room, mud-mixing area, sack store and mud/bulk storage. Provides assistance in carrying out first-line maintenance, and supports rig floor operations as instructed.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 + years as Roughneck and/or Assistant Derrickman
- Able to operate computerized control systems. Basic English language and writing skills
- 3+ years previous experience in a role on a 6th generation semi-sub drilling rig or drillship
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- Offshore training required:
- BOSIET / HUET
- Rig Pass / Safe Gulf
- IWCF Well Control
- Maintaining /monitoring the mud pumps and mud pits during operations. Notifying the Driller immediately of any unexplained pit level increases/decreases
- Verify and record drilling fluid properties at regular intervals and report any deviation from operational requirements to the Driller.
- Inform immediate supervisor immediately of any unexplained pit level increases/decreases
- Assist in maintaining daily logs of drilling fluid properties, chemicals and mud materials
- Assist in operating all drilling fluid equipment in the pump/pit room in accordance with operational requirements. Mix and treat drilling fluid as per instruction.
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Perform first line maintenance on valves associated with mud system, solid controls equipment and related piping and valves
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meeting, etc.
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in assigned areas
- Assist with deck or rig floor operations as required
- Assist with the supervision and training of Roughnecks
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Position OFFSHORE DERRICKHAND - GOM Location Puglisevich USA Ltd.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: