Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Assistant Driller - Offshore GOM
REPORTING TO: Driller
LOCATION: Offshore Gulf of Mexico
RIG: Semisubmersible / Drillship TDB
ROLE SUMMARY: Assist the Driller with the safe and efficient execution of all well and drilling activities.
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years experience as Assistant Driller on deepwater drilling rigs
- Previous experience with AKER drilling equipment
- Fluent in the reading and writing of the English language
- Able to operate rig floor equipment utilizing HIE (Human Interface Equipment)
- Offshore training required:
- BOSIET / HUET
- Rig Pass / Safe Gulf
- Well Control Certification (IWCF Level 3 - Driller Certification)
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Organizing crews and equipment for ongoing and upcoming operations.
- All relevant governing documents are adhered and advised to by direct reports
- Clear daily operational guidelines are provided to all direct reports
- Visible leadership by spending time in the field and monitoring daily operations
- All drills and checks are conducted as required
- All applicable reports and logs as required by Driller, client and company are maintained.
- Subordinates are trained in order to make them suitable for a higher position.
- Other duties are performed as and when required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
- Assist with well kill operations as per instructions from supervisors.
- Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
- Drilling equipment is maintained including first line maintenance and maintenance is recorded.
- Measure and record all critical dimensions of down hole equipment to be run in the well.
- All tubulars, handling gear and other equipment required for the well operations are prepared.
- Participate in meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
PuglisevichUSA is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all candidates that apply but only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Position OFFSHORE ASSISTANT DRILLER - GOM Location Puglisevich USA Ltd.
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: