Skills: Floorhand / Roughneck, Laborer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
PLEASE NOTE: GENERAL OFFSHORE LABOURER IS NOT A FULL TIME POSITION OFFSHORE. THIS WOULD BE FOR AD HOC WORK ONLY. TEMPORARY/ON-CALL WORK. OFFSHORE CERTIFICATES ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS WORK. THIS IS FOR UPCOMING POTENTIAL WORK.
JOB SUMMARY: Help and Assist on project as assigned. This can in any department on the rig / wherever needed. Would be manual labour work from painting, pit cleaning, to general help where required.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous experience offshore, similar industry or labourer work required
- Certificates Required: Basic Survival Training (BST), H2S Alive, Fall Protection (WorkplaceNL), Confined Space Entry (WorkplaceNL), Emergency First Aid, WHMIS, Regulatory Awareness
- Previous experience on rig considered an asset
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Perform housekeeping duties as instructed
- Pit cleaning / maintenance as required
- Ensure all tools and equipment are stowed appropriately at the end of each shift to avoid safety hazards for other operations
- Perform regular cleaning and painting to maintain the unit
- Actively participate in the Safety Management Systems
- Actively participate in safety, departmental, pre-tour, client meetings, etc.
- Monitor the environmental conditions to ensure the safety of operations on deck
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations, and potential hazards to supervisor
- Effectively use all safety and environmental tools employed by (4-point check, OBS cards, PTW etc.)
- Perform all emergency duties as per designation on the station bill
- Other duties as assigned
Position General Offshore Labourer Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: