Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
This ad is in anticipation of potential upcoming work, and will most likely be temporary placements.
JOB SUMMARY: Assist the Chief Electrician in the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment onboard the vesse
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Journeyman Electrician Certificate
- 3+ years experience as an Journeyman Electrician in offshore environment
- Advanced Computer Skills
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Offshore training including but not limited to:
- Basic Survival Training (BST)
- H2S Alive
- First Aid
- WHMIS 2015
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space Entry
- Hazardous Area EX Training
- Arc Flash/High Voltage Training
- Rigging, Slinging & Banksman Training
- Perform daily inspections and maintenance on electrical equipment
- Comply with the permit to work and isolation systems
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to maintenance system guidelines and coordinate that maintenance with supervisor and other department heads
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all power generation and distribution equipment, i.e. generators and engine controls, SCRs, switchgears, transformers, etc.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of general rig equipment such as HVAC system, refrigeration plants, communication systems, lighting, etc.
- Install new equipment as required with regards to electrical wiring, fixtures, junction boxes, etc.
- Assist in performing and interpreting power calculations power factor, insulation tests, and positive relay tests as required
- Maintain an adequate supply of spares to fulfill maintenance requirements; inform Chief Electrician when there is need to reorder
- Inform supervisor and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig
- Carry out assigned duties in a safe manner according to Company policies and procedures
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre-tour meetings as required
- Report any incidents, potential hazards or abnormal situations to supervisor and other department heads
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of employment will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Position Electrician Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: