Skills: Dynamic Positioning
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF RIG: Semi-submersible
JOB SUMMARY: In charge of the vessel and operation of the DP system during his/her desk assignment and all other Bridge Equipment. Vessel Management System (VMS) and ballast/stability control when off the desk. Also in charge of specific safety equipment and other deck tasks as directed by SSL or OIM
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3 years as Dynamic Positioning Operator on any DP2/3 vessel with preferred experience on a drilling vessel
- DPO Unlimited Certificate
- BCO Canadian License
- Stability III Certificate considered an asset
- Able to operate software applications as applicable to position
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background/Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Responsible for the safe navigation of the vessel and set up assignment of the DP position reference systems when on duty. Shall not leave the bridge unless relieved by another qualified person
- Operate dynamic positioning (DP) equipment as per company and vessel operating procedures
- Ensure the bridge and DP logbooks are maintained
- Operate the ballast control system to maintain the rig in a stable condition at the correct draft and trim as directed by the SSL
- Set up operational parameters for the DP system and ensure system data is correct
- Advise relevant personnel as per Well Specific Operating Guidelines (WSOG) of potential position loss
- Referencing riser analysis create WSOG document for well planning. Ensure WSOG are followed while on location
- Ensure that all defect and anomalies on any bridge equipment are reported to the OIM and relevant department heads. Maintain records of these and ensure that they are corrected
- Monitor Vessel Management System (VMS) and fire/gas alarms. Take appropriate action.
- Ensure marine publications and navigational charts are up to date and maintained
- Ensure GMDSS systems are functioning, routinely tested and a log maintained
- Ensure watch checklist, procedure checklist and bridge equipment checks are completed. Liaise with other departments, clients, supply boats, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the safe transfer of fluids internally and between the rig and supply vessels
We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Dynamic Positioning Operator NL Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: