Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Job Title: Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Date Issued: October 22nd 2019
Company: Puglisevich Crews and Services Limited (In-House)
Working Hours: 40 hours per week
Job Status: Full Time
Job Summary: As the Payroll & Benefits Administrator, you will be responsible primarily for preparing, processing and implementing all payroll functions and enrolling and understanding benefit programs for PCSL and PCSL (USA).
What You'll Do
As a key member of our team, you will:
- Prepare and process weekly and semimonthly payroll (experience with large volume considered an asset)
- Completing ROE's and T4 slips as required
- Investigating both payroll and employee benefits enquiries
- Analyzing and making payroll adjustments as necessary
- Maintaining the employee payroll database
- Interpreting and adhering to all company policies and government regulations relative to the payroll process
- Ensuring compliance with Payroll Legislation
- Enrolling employees for various benefits
- Remaining up to date concerning payroll and benefit issues through all applicable policies and resources available.
- Assist employees with disability claims
- Other related duties as assigned
What You'll Need
- Knowledge of and proficiency with payroll procedures, acquired through a combination of education and work experience in a comparable payroll position
- Professional payroll designation (PCP or CPM) through the Canadian Payroll Association would be considered an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Sage300
- Must be well organized; accuracy and attention to detail required
- Working in a confidential setting and dealing effectively with employees/clients in sensitive situations.
- Strong multi-tasking abilities, self-directed and self-motivated
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate excellent oral, interpersonal and written communication skills and organizational and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in prioritizing and time managing work and dealing with clients.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, confidentially and professionally at all times
The above is intended as a summary of the key requirements for the position and is not intended to be complete list of all duties and responsibilities.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Payroll & Benefits Administrator Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL
This position is currently accepting applications.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: