Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Work location: Kuala Lumpur
The role is responsible for supporting employees and managers to understand and manage their people needs with emphasis on partnering and supporting the business in strategic workforce planning, change management and business performance. As the first line of contact for management and employee queries, this role will support and assists the HR Manager in the design, development and implementation of various policies, programs and procedures, and administer these as directed.
- Provide effective and value adding HR Business Partnering for the business to meet business strategy and priorities of the company.
- Contributes to the development of the business workforce plan and talent programs.
- Aligns reward practices to desired performance and behaviors.
- Provide expert advice and interpretation of legislation and complex employee relations issues and taking measures to avoid any detrimental circumstances for the company.
- Support line management on HR tools and processes, including performance appraisals, career planning, succession planning, career orientation reviews, Schlumberger Eureka Technical Careers, General Field Engineer controls, identifying high-value employees and performance rewards.
- Support employee engagement initiatives.
- Assist with coaching and developing new team members.
- Assist in organizing internal teambuilding events and local community events.
- Manage the implementation of HR policies and procedures in line with compliance of the Data Privacy and Protection Guidelines and current legislation.
- University Degree with at least 5 years' experience within an HR Business Partner role and/or HR Generalist role.
- Good general business acumen as well as understanding of HR challenges in a multinational / global organization
- A strong communicator with the ability to advise on sensitive HR issues through exceptional interpersonal skills and diplomacy including dealing with HR procedures on disciplinary and grievance matters
- Able to work under pressure independently with strong organizational skills across a range of HR issues by developing and maintaining excellent working relationships within HR and the rest of the business units
- Proven experience of managing and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives
- Proficient in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.