Manage the buying process for a given set of goods. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures to enable sourcing execution.Essential Responsibilities:
- Place and follow-up on POs.
- Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution.
- Manage problems and schedule changes.
- Update ERP.
- Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability.
- Understand strategies for assigned commodities & proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives under supervision.
- Analyze and track Supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy.
- Support commodity buys.
- Works within a team setting and / or under guidance.
- Alternatively: executing routine but complex analysis.
- Signals flaws in approaches, methods, procedures and processes and suggests improvements.
- Contributes to project as a team member.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED, or proven years of experience in Sourcing).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more