Our Client is looking for a Functional Planner for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
- Follow the safety and environmental policies, guidelines and procedures as directed by the business unit in the implementation of best practise planning and scheduling.
- Liaise with appropriate functional support disciplines to ensure activity data is captured in the planning database, ensuring maintenance of change management records.
- Assess planning data provided against planning gate criteria and prioritisation guidance.
- Construct plans to accurately reflect the planning data provided and illustrate work fronts associated with each Asset or Function, taking full account of constraints.
- Ensure additions to plans and schedules are assessed against the relevant gate criteria and prioritisation criteria.
- Facilitate Asset Scheduling meetings to validate each schedule prior to baseline and execution i.e. weekly progress and 4-week look ahead.
- Coach Activity Owners to improve their interface with the Integrated Activity Planning & Scheduling process, including enhancing their appreciation of the planning function.
- Produce data to illustrate the plan and schedule quality, including suitable framing of performance improvement opportunities.
- Control and maintain a strong and visible Deviation Control Process, maintaining accurate records of all deviations and their impact on baseline plans and schedules.
- Support standardisation and development of planning data, planning deliverables, reports and metrics across the organisational streams.
- Follow the safety and environmental policies, guidelines and procedures as directed by the business unit.
- Assess planning deliverables to identify SIMOPS, ensuring that they are clearly displayed in all plans.
- Professional role with internal and external stakeholders.
- Engagement and management of key contractor data is critical.
- Managing integrated plans from multiple sources.
- Importing third party data, ensuring suitable understanding of externally planned activities
- Proven competency in Primavera P6
- Preference towards HNC in Engineering qualification or equivalent experience.
- Oil and gas operational experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Forward thinking and proactive.
Person Specification Preferred background would include one of the following:
- Trade (craft apprenticeship with some experience as tradesperson)
- Process operations
- Production operations Finance
- Previous experience in planning role, preferably with Primavera