As Accounting Operations Manager you will partner with other Baker Hughes Businesses to execute on this key area within the finance organization. You will lead a diverse team and work with other Baker Hughes Businesses to deliver strong accounting, and to ensure compliance across all operations. Helping to drive simplification and consistency across Baker Hughes will be a constant focus.Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Accounting Analysts administering standardized accounting procedures in line with Baker Hughes policy, local accounting regulations and US GAAP.
- Establish team priorities, behaviors and deliverables.
- Monitor operational performance with quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Drive strong performance management in the team through clear expectations, performance appraisals, and feedback.
- Proactively develop the capability of the team through strong development plans and coaching.
- Drive employee engagement.
- Drive compliance within processes and ensure process controls are in place as appropriate.
- Oversee Consolidation & Closing processes and Collections & Billings processes as applicable
- Review and approve account reconciliations
- Organize and plan audit schedules
- Drive quarterly rigor on financial filings approach (track stat audit status, quarterly consolidation of financials including taking care of various cost allocations methodologies by Corporate, inter-divisional transactions etc.
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting and/or equivalent experience
- Experience leading a team
- Experience of motivating & managing team of professionals to deliver to consistently high standards
- Proven ability to drive team performance with a focus on quantitative and qualitative metrics
- Experience of effective management of under-performance
- Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges
- Effective interpersonal skills and highly professional style when dealing with business clients
- Compliance & controller-ship mindset
- Proficient IT skills including Excel and Outlook
- Successful applicant will be legally eligible to enter into an employment relationship under the laws of Hungary.
- Additional languages (other than Hungarian)
- Knowledge of ERP platforms (SAP/Oracle)
- Experience abroad / SSCHU
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.