We are working with a global O&G operator who are on the lookout for a Fabrication Site Representative to manage the fabrication of production manifolds, in-line structures, production riser base, tie-in spools, well jumpers and the double jointing during the execution phase.
Extensive subsea equipment fabrication is essential.
This role will also see you act as the technical authority for the fabrication area and assume responsibility. Management for implementation of a correct and complete fabrication scope.
This is a Batam based role, and is offered on an initial 12-month contract basis. Your primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Conducting all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures.
- Act as Focal point for Contractor's Fabrication teams on a day-to-day basis: fabrication and welding engineers, HSES advisors, inspectors, material tracker, coating/painting, logistics, etc.
- Overseeing all aspects of subsea structures (manifolds and in-line structures) fabrication, multi-jointing welding, and testing (FAT, EFAT and SIT) activities and ensure industry best-practice principles are applied to the Project.
- Resolving fabrication, integration (including Controls System integration) and testing interface issues and technical queries, in conjunction with discipline (design and installation) / package / delivery lead engineers.
- Monitoring and managing all facets of fabrication work to ensure that project schedule, budget and technical requirements are, as a minimum, met or improved upon.
- Establishing an accurately defined schedule for all phases of fabrication, testing (FAT, EFAT and SIT) and Load-out activities, and ensure up to date.
- Bringing to earliest attention of URF Manager, Flowline package / delivery lead and Manifold package / delivery lead any fabrication issues which present a significant threat to the Project and offer mitigating measures / work plan.
- Reviewing contractor execution plans to ensure compliance with the contracts requirements and identify necessary adjustments.
- Providing reporting function towards management for all fabrication activities.
- Preparation of project documentation.
- Reviewing and commenting internal project documentation and external consultant / contractor project documentation.
- Becoming thoroughly conversant with project documentation, specifications and procedures.
- Significant leadership experience covering the fabrication, construction of subsea equipment and infrastructure within the Oil and Gas Industry is essentially, with individuals coming from a Welding / NDT inspection background.
- Strong EPCI Subsea Projects experience along with a proven track record holding similar position within other projects.
- Current working knowledge in areas of: fabrication / materials / welding / inspection /piping / Control system integration / testing (FAT/EFAT/SIT) and design of subsea structures.
- High awareness of safe working practices on Offshore construction projects.
- Provide leadership in dealing with resolution of interfaces (external and internal).
- A strong communicator with the ability to form and lead high performance team.
- Anticipate, identify and resolve detailed fabrication issues, in conjunction with senior discipline engineers (design, installation and package leads), in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.