We are looking out for a seasoned and experienced Back End Developer who can bring audacious ideas to product. You will be the key person responsible for developing server-side technologies which enable our hardware products to connect to the cloud. The result of your work will have a chance to be sold worldwide.Essential Responsibilities:
- Work with Internet of Things (IoT) and industrial control systems technologies connecting O&G field equipment's/software to the cloud. The role focuses on the IoT at the edge (including the devices). The engineer will work extensively with new technologies and systems to interconnect IOT equipment with the respective cloud services.
- Be responsible to define architectures for data acquisition and transmission over different communication channels into a data cloud as well as the design and implementation of the defined solutions.
- Work in close collaboration with engineers of other disciplines and product development teams located worldwide.
- Relate to the development teams for the cloud services and cloud application domain to ensure a consistent and systematic, scalable and robust software system enabling reliable data transmission from the edge devices
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities to for multiple teams or complex scenarios.
- Provide leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout the domain.
- Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components across teams (multiple teams) that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 5+ years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across product lines.
- Strong hands-on design, coding and debugging skills and close familiarity with DevOps techniques, performance testing and management, and data storage and processing
- Experience working Open Stack cloud deployment
- Experience on connecting devices to cloud
- NodeJS, Python, Java programming languages as well as Shell scripting
- Relational Database (MySQL, PostgreSQL) and non-relational database (any of Cassandra, CouchDB, MongoDB, HBase) experience
- Experience using and designing APIs using REST, XML, and JSON
- Exposure to Software and Tools: Cygwin, Linux Shell Scripting, IXIA, Iperf, Wire shark, XMLSpy, SQL Server, XML
- Network protocol understanding (Layer 3-4: IP/TCP/UDP/ICMP, Layer 7: HTTP, DNS)
- Familiarity with Industrial protocols like Modbus, EGD, OPC and other IOT protocols etc.
- Familiarity with Linux preferably embedded Linux
- Exposure to Predix is a plus
- Takes a holistic systems perspective. Envisions, compares and contrasts multiple potential long-range enterprise-wide futures. Empathizes with multiple points of view.
- Participates with key stakeholders and subject matter experts in defining product strategies
- Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more