Skills: Process Management, Process Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Under moderate to minimal supervision, is responsible for performing systems engineering and delivering systems engineering products at the system, element, and subsystems levels.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyzing customer goals and objectives, system concepts of operation, functional flow diagrams, and requirements and decomposing and allocating them to systems, elements, subsystems and components.
- Developing design specifications and interface specifications for engineering, design, and production.
- Delivering and reporting on systems engineering and design products;
- Performing analyses and trades;
- Performing verification, validation, testing, qualification and certification.
- Work closely with engineering and design to determine architectures, systems concepts, and design solutions based on evaluation of performance specifications or requirements. Define or determine which technologies are applicable.
- Work closely with other groups including safety, reliability, quality, and logistics to ensure analysis, trades, specifications and design balance customer objectives and requirements.
- Develop plans, procedures, and protocols for verification, validation, testing, qualification and certification and deliver these as data deliverables to the customer.
- Plan, coordinate, negotiate, and perform the effective grouping of analysis and tests for verification, validation, qualification and certification.
- Plan and perform requirements development, design analysis, verification and validation analysis, system performance and other SE&I metrics, and trades and report the results at design reviews and in program meetings.
- Develop and manage system and subsystem performance and margins and reports these in a margin management plan, as required.
- Bachelor of Science engineering degree, advanced degree a plus.
- Training in systems engineering and project management; Familiarity with the product development life cycle, systems engineering concepts, and the definition, design, development and certification of complex projects.
- 5+ years direct technical experience planning, implementing, and performing systems engineering, test and verification processes that includes the use of requirement and verification management software databases. Experience to include development of interface requirements and design specifications; verification test and certification procedures, protocols, and plans.
- Individual has excellent skills in communication, writing, analysis, design, systems, and math.
- Experience developing and/or operating Space Systems and/or mission critical human rated systems
- Direct experience in requirements and verification management using the 3SL Cradle Software database.
- Experience in requirement analysis; trades; UPDM or SysML modeling,
- Experience with software certification, structures, thermal, flow, human factors, time and motion modeling or simulation is a plus.
- Knowledge of reliability, availability, supportability, and risk processes is also a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.