Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Under minimal supervision, is responsible to lead a team of engineers in Human Factors Engineering for the planning and design of spacecraft systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for lead the human factors engineering team in:
- Performing Crew Task Analysis, Crew Worksite Analysis, Crew Operating Loads Analysis, Crew Anthropometrics Analysis, and Human Systems Integration.
- Performing Human Error analysis.
- Providing expertise in design for crew interaction/operability for displays and controls.
- Providing expertise for human in the loop planning and testing.
- Providing expertise in human factors/usability evaluations.
- Performing Ionizing Radiation Exposure Analysis (IREA).
- Performing lighting requirements interpretation, lighting simulations, and lighting testing.
- Assessing suitability and feasibility for exercise accommodation.
- Performing predictive lighting modeling and analysis.
- Performing task assessment analysis.
- Work closely with engineering and design to determine architectures, systems concepts, and design solutions based on evaluation of performance specifications or requirements.
- Work closely with other groups including safety, reliability, quality, and logistics to ensure analysis, trades, specifications and design balance customer objectives and requirements.
- Communicate with company leadership, and customer on the integration of Human Factors Engineering in design.
- Contribute to and facilitate Human Factors Engineering development processes and continuous improvement using best practices in accordance with NASA standards and requirements.
- Author, review, approve required documentation to plan, administer, and execute Human Factors Engineering project activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Factors or related scientific or technical field, advanced degree a plus.
- Training in systems engineering and project management; Familiarity with the product development life cycle, systems engineering concepts, and the definition, design, development and certification of complex projects.
- Ten years of relevant experience, with proven leadership experience in implementation of Human Factors requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of NASA human factors requirements (Familiarity with NPR 8705.2C and NASA-STD-3001 Vol 2).
- Individual has excellent skills in communication, writing, analysis, design, systems, and math.
- Ability to build and maintain a strong cohesive team and proven experience working in multiple projects with high demand schedules.
- Demonstrated time management, decision making, presentation and organization skills.
- Experience developing and/or operating Space Systems and/or mission critical human rated systems.
- Experience in planning and conducting human factors testing:
- Spectral Irradiance Testing (350 -1000nm).
- Spectral Radiance Testing (350-1000nm).
- High Resolution Light Source Imaging.
- Flicker Testing.
- Surface Reflectance Testing (350-1000nm).
- Human Factors Subjective Testing of Light Systems.
- Experience in planning and conducting analyses using human factors analysis tools:
- Software Physics Based Predictive Modeling & Design of Lamp End Items.
- Software Physics Based Predictive Modeling of Integrated Interior and Exterior (natural & artificial) Lighting Environments.
- End-to-End Virtual Lighting System Development.
- Computer Generated Human Body Models for volumetric task assessments.
- Circadian Lighting System Expertise.
- Standard CAD Modeling.
- Standard Math Modeling for large lighting data management.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.