The Woodlands, Texas, United States
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: The Woodlands, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Requisition ID: 83517
Position description: Develop drawings, material lists and calculations required for the engineering and construction of new facilities, as well as major additions, rehabilitation, replacement, clearance and lightning improvements, and re-conducting of existing electric lines. Establishes industry standards required for projects and establishes the project design criteria. Advises and provides direction to staff on proper application of industry standards as they relate to civil and structural aspects of projects. Responsible for the detailed civil structural design of substations which includes: foundation design of substations and transmission lines; structural steel design for substations; grading and drainage design of substations; design and drawings for storm water and other environmental permits; and preparation of specifications and drawings for substations. Design deliverables for substations which includes grading and drainage plans and calculations; foundation designs and schedules; development of substation structural procurement packages; review of submittals from suppliers of engineered materials and equipment; structure loading analysis; and foundation design for transmission line structures. Review and approve drawings, calculations and material lists developed by other designers. Perform engineer of record (EOR) duties for sealing drawings, specifications, reports, etc. as required by local jurisdiction. Contribute to the development of project estimates, Schedules and procedures, evaluate design options and criteria for technical merit, and conduct field visits to verify design conditions and parameters. Review drawings for manufacturers and use pertinent information in the production of design drawings, and perform as-built Revisions. Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with personnel, contractors, clients, regulatory representatives, and town / city officials in a positive, collaborative and team-building manner.
• Bachelor's (or foreign equivalent) of science in civil engineering, structural engineering or related. Five years' experience as a senior civil engineer, structure engineer, structure design engineer or related.
• Skill requirements: Analysis and design steel structure and foundation for transmission line and substation including Dead end, lattices, Shielding Mast steel structure and foundation; Design rigid bus systems using finite element analysis software to perform a static analysis; Proficient in engineering software including Staad Pro, Risa-3D, Risa-Foundation, L-Pile, Drilled shafts, FAD tools, Staad-foundation, Safe2016, SAP2000, SAG10, HiltiProfis Anchor, Mathcad, and Start Tedds; and Civil designs including site grating, sewer system and storm water management, roads, and dykes.
*Requires a professional engineer license
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We're Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the "Top 400 Contractors" according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Engineer, Electrical, Structural Engineer, Construction, Procurement, Engineering, Operations