Other Skills: Operations Geology, Petrel, West Africa, pre-salt, French
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Port-Gentil, Gabon
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Assala Energy is a young and dynamic Oil and Gas Exploration and Production company with an exciting operated asset base in Gabon, firm core values and a keen sense of responsibility to our employees and stakeholders.
To reflect an increase in our Drilling activities, we now seek to strengthen our Operations Geology team by identifying and attracting a Senior Operations Geologist who is open to a 6 month, residential contract in Port Gentil.
You will be expected to:
- Provide well planning information to Geoscience Dept asset teams based on current operational parameters, equipment availability status, cost benchmarks, and Assala's drilling procedures.
- Coordinate preparation of decision trees to address geological uncertainties, and present these to Well Engineering.
- Monitor operations on daily basis (at times work nights, weekends and public holidays)
- Regularly brief Managers and Team Leaders on ongoing operations, with accompanying recommendations where required
- Ensure pertinence, reliability and quality of data and geological measurements acquired while drilling.
- Provide technical input into selection, evaluation and supervision of contracted services, in collaboration with Contracts & Procurement Department.
- Provide briefings to rotational Wellsite Geologists and ensure 100% excellence in their performance
- Oversee data acquisition programmes in compliance with safety requirements.
- Serve as Geoscience Department interface with Drilling, Completions, Well services and Well Performance teams to guide planning and support real-time decision making
- Accurately and promptly summarize end of well results via End of Well Reports
- Support operations around the clock whilst drilling (at times, working nights, weekends and public holidays)
- You have an Engineering diploma or Bachelors Degree in Geology, combined with a minimum of 5 years as an Operations Geology, and a minimum of 2 years as a Development Geologist
- West Africa onshore drilling, combined with specific experience in planning development, appraisal and exploration wells
- Your experience spans a range of reservoir depositional systems, including onshore fluvial to fluvio-deltaic, shallow marine and deep-water turbidites.
- Strong knowledge of Operational disciplines (Well Engineering, Completions, Logistics, Contracts).
- You actively promote a safety culture and strictly abide by HSSE requirements
- You can effectively communicate with Reservoir Engineering and Petrophysics disciplines, with demonstrable examples
- You have experience mentoring less experienced Geoscientists and Operations Geologists
- You are a skilled Petrel user with experience in mature field geological modeling.
- Familiar with the Petrophysical software: Techlog / IP.
- Familiar with composite log software such as WellCaD / WellSight.
- Knowledge of pre-salt reservoirs would be considered an advantage.
We are a fast-growing company, requiring team members to quickly adapt and continuously contribute to the company's growing operations. Our asset portfolio has a high proportion of mature fields with complex geology, depletion and fluid displacement histories, presenting many unique geological challenges and opportunities.
This is a contract role for 6 months, offered on a residential basis in Port Gentil with regular site-visits during the drilling campaign.
Applications Deadline: 11th November 2019