Job Purpose & Scope:
The Construction Yard Manager can be based both in Florence & Massa. He holds overall responsibility for the operations of Modules fabrication in the designated yard located in Avenza - Italy ensuring the organisation runs smoothly and efficiently. He will also be accountable for defining the execution strategy of the modules based projects, assessing the related requirements and developing internal and external capabilities to support construction and commissioning activities as needed.The Construction Yard Manager holds overall responsibility for the operations of Modules fabrication in the designated yard located in Avenza - Italy ensuring the organisation runs smoothly and efficiently. He will also be accountable for defining the execution strategy of the modules based projects, assessing the related requirements and developing internal and external capabilities to support construction and commissioning activities as needed.
The Construction Yard Manager has direct responsibility to manage, co-ordinate, organize and check all site activities from initial site preparation up to the delivery of the modules being fabricated in the Avenza Yard. As part of the Modularised solution team, the yard manager will oversee operations on a day-to-day basis, and ensure that work is done safely, on time and within budget and to the right quality standards.
The Construction Yard Manager will also support the module projects execution through different Sites related to the Modules fabrication such as assembly yards, steel structure and piping fabrication facilities and other construction sites if required. Key Responsibilities:
- Direct and Coordinate the activities of the different contractors in the yard from their mobilization through the demobilization in accordance with the projects needs
- Ensure that there is complete understanding and co-ordination of all aspects and requirements of the different Projects leading constructability reviews, erection sequence definition and sub-contracting strategy.
- Translate the Company's strategic plans into defined operational plans and implement the Construction & Fabrication Execution strategy on time and on budget
- Assess the yard availability for future projects, supporting the commercial team to define the project Fabrication and Construction Execution Strategy, reviewing the relevant costs to define the budget
- Support future business development and expansion initiatives as required
- Define and monitor performance management KPI's to ensure all the operational objectives are met
- Support the project's site operation managers and the procurement team in the suppliers technical selection
- Assure and verify that all applicable standards, procedures and Laws related to the safety and environment are kept in force and fully respected.
- Establish and promote a culture of full compliance to the HSE and Quality policies fostering continuous improvement initiatives. Timely Implement CA/PA as required.
- Develop and control the budget for the Yard Operations to meet the E&P financial targets.
- Research opportunities for cost savings across the business.
- Stay up to date with technological changes within the industry.
- Develop and implement all necessary method statements and procedures.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with the Project management team to ensure that there is effective co-ordination in support of Project objectives.
- Define the most appropriate organization and staffing of the Project Site teams ensuring that the team is appropriately motivated and trained and carry their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Responsible to guarantee performances of (sub) Contractors working at site, in terms of timing, cost control, quality and safety.
- Responsible to periodically and continuously verify that the staffing and qualification of site personnel are suitable to fulfill the project needs in term of quality, planning and safety.
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications.
- Deep knowledge of workplace health and safety standards.
- Extensive experience in site operations management and construction activities
- Major Experience in the Oil&Gas industry mainly related to construction activities.
- Significant past experience in managing complex organizations.
- Significant knowledge of quality industrial standards.
- Thorough knowledge of the Company and its products and processes.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more