At Baker Hughes, we are transforming the future of energy. With operations in over 120 countries, we are developing and deploying industry-leading technologies and services to take energy forward.
For more than a century, our inventions have revolutionized energy. Today, we are bringing our expertise to make oil and gas safer, cleaner, and more efficient.
Our people are the trusted experts, relied on to solve customer challenges big and small. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent, and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
We believe in creating an environment of diversity and inclusion, without bias. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged, and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work.
We're makers, inventors, and leaders who aren't afraid of the tough challenges. We believe pushing boundaries will help to lead the way for a new energy future. Role Summary:
Baker Hughes offers the opportunity as an experienced Project Leadership Manager to join the team in IndiaEssential Responsibilities:
- The Project Manager will be responsible to serve as a single point of contact to the customer for the assigned project and fully responsible for executing the project in a timely and efficient manner ensuring Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) is emphasized throughout all phases of the project.
- The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals and objectives of the assigned project are accomplished within prescribed time frame thereby improving profitability and growth.
- Shall possess comprehensive knowledge of contracts and contract management. Serve as a business partner to the operating team to drive business initiatives, growth and accountability.
- The Project Manager shall be responsible for overall equipment forecasting, ordering, inventory management, project execution, field services support, technical support, application engineering including, designing/sizing and reporting. Confer with project personnel both office and field to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Provide time to time reports to the customer as required, monthly performance review reports, annual performance review reports, service quality meetings and attend all project related meetings with the assigned customer/project.
- Manage all aspects of the monthly and quarterly sales/revenue numbers. Fully accountable for driving the revenue numbers and growth on the assigned project with the focus on achieving the operating plan. Weekly engagement with the leadership team by providing the weekly flash highlighting the risks and opportunities that drives to achieve the plan. Fully accountable for delivery a positive bottom line.
- Provide financial and technical expertise in the development of an overall risk management strategy for the project and work closely with product line and operations manager to build and operationalize tactical objectives.
- Shall assist and perform duties of the Applications Engineer with regards to PCP artificial lift designs, up-sizing, replacements, optimizations, procedures, contract issues/reviews/tenders, materials management, etc.
- Responsible for improving PCP performance through operations and failure analysis continuous improvement. Will determine the root cause of all PCP failures using all available data and analysis methods.
- Partner with the regional ITO (Inquiry To Order) team on new enquiries, tenders and RFQ's. Ensure to involve the sales, operations, legal, tax and risk teams in analysis, contract structuring & terms, decision-making and customer negotiations surrounding commercial deals & transactions
- Drive timely invoicing/billing and receivables/collectibles and turnover improvements. Drive awareness and ownership by implementing best practices across the team to reduce receivables past dues/analyze and improve payment terms and coordination with collection teams.
- Create document file structure and maintain project files and all project documents including but not limited to: Pre-mob activity schedule, project schedule, installation manual, Project overview Personnel and equipment schedule, Org chart, Compilation of Post-Job Data Book.
- The position shall require daily liaising with the customer and if required be based out of the customer office as and when requested by the customer.
- Serve as functional owner of deal opportunities and orders/sales/CM pipeline reporting on the CRM (Deal Machine) for the country for the assigned product line and project. Track & drive active opportunities against target and estimates.
- Shall work closely with support functions and engineering disciplines to reduce equipment stock levels, minimizing replacement workovers, and reducing overall field operating costs.
- Shall work effectively with key support functions like sourcing, logistics, field service team, travel team and engage proactively to drive key initiatives for successful execution of the project. Support Regional Operations Team in contract negotiations with customers.
- Shall be required to lead or support similar projects simultaneously within the country or region for a short period on as required basis.
- Mentor and cross-train team members to ensure quality, consistency, and continuity across
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, customer requirements, competitor actions and customer base.
- Promotes safety in all aspects of the project and support company HSE goals and commitments.
- Shall be required to work in a highly collaborative, team focused environment.
- Bachelor of Engineering or Technology in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering.
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in PCP Field Services, Monitoring and Application preferably in Coal Bed Methane (CBM) and Heavy Oil fields .
- PCP design using CFER and AutographPC software.
- Understands contracts, contractual risks (commercial, technical and execution related), risk mitigation strategies, impact of deals on the organizations responsible for fulfilling contractual commitments.
- Ensures that important information from management/leadership is shared with the assigned project personnel and others as appropriate.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and leadership team.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrated team leadership ability, strong team player with ability to coach and mentor.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with good detail orientation.
- Strong presentation skills backed up with equally strong communication skills.
- Flexible and has ability to embrace process changes and capable of managing multiple priorities.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more