Project HSSE SupervisorJob skill pool
Health Safety Environment & Security Purpose & accountabilities
This responsibility of this role includes but not limited to:
- Support Projects and EPRD contractors to facilitate ownership and improvement of HSE requirements including workplace safety, process safety, asset integrity and management of health and environmental hazards in line with Goal Zero aspirations.
- Ensure implementation of the risk management process on client Decommissioning projects to manage and reduce risks to ALARP. Alert the management on emerging HSSE risks and suggest mitigation measures.
- Provide onsite HSSE functional support in line with the Project Management Framework (PMF) and Turnaround Management; challenge the office and field-based Project Team to ensure appropriate risk management solutions are implemented to deliver credible, competitive and affordable projects achieving Goal Zero with Respect for People.
- Motivate and manage the contractors HSE professionals to ensure world-class HSE coaching and delivery to the Project Teams.
- Monitor project performance standards (KPI) to measure successful implementation of the contractor HSSE management process.
- Coach and educate local red-banded (High and Medium risk) business partners to foster improvements in HSSE & SP performance in contracted activities.
- Support development and follow up an audit and inspection plan for HSE processes and operational activities.
- Support implementation of improvement programs such as Life Saving Rules, Process Safety Fundamentals, Emergency Response, Behaviour Based Safety, Safety Leadership, Assist & Assure, Worksite Hazard Management and Control of work.
- Provide coaching, support and advice to Behavioral Safety volunteers to sustain the process of safety intervention with "Duty of Care"; Develop a positive safety culture shared by contractors and focused on HSE excellence using proactive hazard recognition and effective tool box communication techniques.
- Support the asset Learning from Incidents (LFI) process to ensure learnings are disseminated to field teams timely to positively impact overall safety performance.
- Actively participate in departmental HSSE meetings, Project Contractors' Safety meetings, Field (Offshore) Safety meetings and Tool box discussions.
- Deliver HSSE training and workshops which mainly includes but not limited to HSSE Induction trainings, Goal Zero workshops, Life-saving rules, Intervention training, working at height, prevention of drops, safe lifting and hoisting etc.
- Conduct HSSE audits and incident investigation at EPRD contractor's vessel and onshore yards.
Skills & Requirements
- Position is part of the Project HSSE & SP Team, reporting to Project HSSE Lead.
- Operational complex consisting of TPP offshore production platform, Normally Unmanned Installations of client fields, Dismantling Yard in Konkan region, recycling facilities of approved recyclers of hazardous materials, Shore-base of EPRD contractor, Helibase, supporting logistics and infrastructure e.g. marine vessels, road transport, chemical warehouse, jetty operations.
- These offshore infrastructure is old and require a high level of assurance for safe operations.
- Around 500 staff in XXXX, including its extended partners, contractors and JV Partner interfaces. Contractor and sub-contractor staff of varying backgrounds and HSSE competency levels.
- Engage with Offshore Installation Managers/HSSE manager of ONGC at TPP platform, EPRD contractors HSSE Manager on board vessel and at Yards, Project engineering team, Logistics, CP and Real Estate functions.
- Management of EPRD contractor and other specialist Contractors (e.g; Diving, External and internal pile cutting) engaged in client Decommissioning projects.
- Contracted HSE professionals for project and campaign activities.
- Support safe execution of decommissioning activities and sub-sea diving activities, SIMOPS, Hot work, Work at Height, Lifting & Hoisting, ensuring the Permit to Work system is aligned with the requirements of the HSSE & SP CF.
- Ensuring the Project HSSE Plan is effectively implemented.
A high performing individual with strong soft skills. The ideal candidate must be able to work across multiple teams to deliver this role successfully.
The incumbent should at least Engineering Diploma/Graduate with ADIS (Advanced Diploma in Industrial Safety) or equivalent from a recognized institute. The ability to influence, integrate and motivate various team is key.
Key competencies/ skills include but are not exhaustive:
- 7+ years of work experience in offshore asset operational or construction projects HSE work.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter with a "can do" attitude.
- Able to work with limited supervision and deliver results within challenging deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills and emotional stability.
- Able to demonstrate a proven practical level of knowledge for HSSE & SP management of Upstream Oil & Gas Projects; ability to communicate ideas, concepts and methods to line managers, staff and project teams.
- Ability to work in a diverse cultural environment with a local national work force, interfacing with major contractors providing services to the project and the operations organizations managing the assets, in a constructive and productive manner.
- Ability to work with contractors working in a weak HSE culture environment, needs to work with and develop red-banded contractors - as per HSE capability assessment and improve their HSE systems and people to meet minimum critical company requirements.
- Proven ability in developing and implementing HSE Tools and Techniques, particularly in developing HSSE Plan, Bridging documents and Emergency Response Plan appropriate to the activity.
- Experience in developing and implementing Risk Assessment, SIMOPS and review of Permit to Work application.
- Experience in delivering HSE training, performing HSE audits and facilitate incident investigation.
- Lead role in Emergency Response Planning and to conduct mock drills to review readiness.
- Conduct periodic self-audits of PTW, Work at Height, DROPS, Lifting & Hoisting and support various HSSE campaigns
- A passion for people development, Goal Zero, and Ethics & Compliance.
- Good influencing and negotiating skills, openness to diversity, tenacity and patience.
- Be flexible to have multiple accountabilities, stakeholder relationships and roles e.g. assurance and delivery, working for Projects and the Asset.
- Timely reporting of incident/near misses, investigation and sharing of Incident Flash and LFIs with the team.
In addition to technical excellence, this role requires "soft skills". Key soft skills which are recognized across the HSE disciplines are:
- Business Partnering
- Change Management
- Facilitation and Intervention
- Good leadership and communication skills to network within asset and across Contractors.
- Support the behaviors and culture that foster exceptional HSSE & SP performance in line with current Business expectation for sustained Goal Zero improvement
- Be a true leader and people person, demonstrate genuine care and empathy. Ability to engage and inspire staff on HSSE & SP performance and culture across a wide spectrum of people.
- Be senior enough in stature and experience to have difficult conversations with Team Leads and Supervisors to facilitate HSSE & SP performance improvement in client Decommissioning projects.
- Actively and visibly promote the HSE policies and the associated procedures by means of exemplary attitudes, open discussions and positive achievement of objectives.
- Carry out regular site inspections and safety walks, including offshore and at onshore dismantling yard, to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented, to identify and correct HSSE gaps or potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Ensure a consistent structure for HSSE assurance based on audits, action tracking and performance reporting (leading indicators and lagging indicators) and analysis of performance trends; leveraging lessons from existing client operating facilities and Projects.
- Support in the implementation of campaign programs including Safety Day and HSSE conference of Business Partners' senior management.
- Support Safety Leadership, Fit for Future and Finish with Pride programs as a member of asset HSSE Team.
- Be physically fit for offshore and remote location visits, able to undertake regular medical examinations and offshore survival training.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.