Controls Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, coding, and testing control system software for next generation PLC based control system.
In this role, the engineer will take a provided set of requirements and produce high-quality software that conforms to internal coding standards, software architecture, and quality standards. The engineer will create design documentation, conduct FMEAs, and generate test plans as needed.
The engineer will work closely with a multi-disciplinary engineering team and will be expected to work independently with minimal supervision. Essential Responsibilities
- Develop software in both PLC code and HMI screens in a Siemens S7-1516 and WinCC OA platform Design software based on given requirements, software architecture, and software development plan using test-driven development
- Create design documentation including data flow diagrams, interface control documents, and technical description documents
- Hold design and code reviews
- Conduct FMEA meetings
- Generate a test plan
- Coordinate with software, electrical, and mechanical teams
- Perform all work in accordance with the requirements of the GE Quality Management System (QMS & QMSOP), and Good Engineering Practices
- Travel on demand as required
- Must execute special tests on as required basis in order to meet business needs as well as complying with business safety and environmental policies and rules
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related major from an ABET certified college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience of PLC and HMI development with Siemens S7-1500 platform including TIA Portal and WinCC OA
- Experience with testing PLC programs using PLCSIM
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous integration
- Experience with version control systems like SVN or git
- Familiarity with industrial regulations such as API 16D, DNV, ABS
- Must be able to obtain passport and visas for international travel. Physical condition must be commensurate with travel to and from, and work on, offshore exploration vessels
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more