This position is accountable for influencing the decisions and leadership views across India. This includes close relationships with the Business & Functional Leaders, Facility, Plant and Manufacturing Site Security personnel in the country. The post holder is responsible for building security capabilities and skills throughout the country of operation. He/she will manage and oversee several security contracts and supervise third party led investigations and inquiries. The incumbent supports a globally diverse and dispersed business located in 20+ countries across the MENATI region with significant annual revenues. The role works closely and reports to the Regional Security Manager - India and his Leadership Team.Essential Responsibilities:
- Central focal point for all security related matters in the country. To stand in for the Regional Security Manager - India in his absence.
- Risk Assessment Activities and Security Programs - Evaluate a variety of pro-active programs and products designed to anticipate and minimize BH exposure to potential security threats and determine appropriate responses.
- Investigation - Manage a portfolio of sophisticated and sensitive investigations to resolve allegations of criminal activity, serious violations of corporate policy and serious acts of impropriety. Conduct background investigations and due diligence.
- Analytical Activities - Conduct strategic reviews within the assigned country of incident, threats and risk to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of existing programs, controls and mitigation measures. Conduct strategic review of security services and client needs.
- Finance - Manage the security spend for BH both internally and with commercial team on managing projects with customers and EPC.
- Security Awareness & Training Activities - Ensure that appropriate security awareness training needs in the businesses are correctly identified and the relevant specific training delivered. This encompasses a wide variety of security-related topics, including compliance, fraud, corruption, conflict of interest, plant-type crime, terrorism, substance abuse, workplace violence, travel and personal security.
- Site Security Leaders (SSL`s) - Managing the SSL program for India.
- Crisis Management and Business Continuity (CM/BC) - Develop, train and drill CM/BC within the country.
- Executive Protection - Conduct threat and risk assessments, develop executive protection plans for the protection of senior BH executives during potential high-profile events and Annual Shareholder meetings and Board Meetings.
- Cyber and Intellectual Property - Work with our IP and Cyber teams in maintaining and mitigating company programs and policies.
- Relationships - Interface and brief BH senior management. Work in partnership with all other internal functions and business leaders. Establish and maintain liaison and professional contacts with security and intelligence communities and with industry counterparts. Have ability to interact with Government Intelligence sources and foreign government officials to coordinate security requirements for BH operations.
- Good command of the English language (spoken, reading & written)
- BS/BA degree (or international equivalent) in related field and 10 years' experience in security.
- Have a recognized international security qualification or working towards one.
- Experienced investigator, to include financial investigations and due diligence investigations.
- Good knowledge of security system technologies.
- Experience with business resilience and crisis/emergency response management.
- Liaison experience with national, state and local law enforcement, government regulatory agencies and private industrial security. Relationships already in place.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and enhance security programs.
- Effective influencing, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to communicate complex and sensitive situations to various levels of the organization and external environments.
- Ability to exercise effective independent judgment and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated ability in conflict resolution and consensus building
- Effective at developing internal and external alliances to fulfill security mission
- Demonstrated business acumen, and financial management skills.
- Comfortable working in ambiguous environments and working within matrix organizations
- Prior experience of the Oil and Gas industry.
- Have a good working knowledge of Health, Safety & Environmental. (HSE)
- Previous experience of working in India.
- Ability to travel 20% of time.
- Ability to manage self. (Self-tasking and effective time management)
- Driver`s license for India.
- Has a valid Indian passport.
- Ability to debate issues and say "no" when required.
- Sense of humor!
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more