In this role, you will work within the electrical controls engineering team to develop and execute the design of new control panels for the BOP Control System.
The Electrical Control Systems Engineer will interface with internal functions to ensure correct requirements, design development, assembly and testing of the control system.
The Electrical Control Systems Engineer will be responsible to deliver the product with speed, accuracy and quality.Essential Responsibilities
- Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Gather high level requirements and generate technical requirements for the specific system.
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Work along with other Controls engineer and Systems Engineer to achieve a streamlined solution that ties into the overall system requirements.
- Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
- Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues; Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Help to address sourcing/obsolescence issues with the system and re-design aspects of the system with new products, as necessary.
- Support supply chain / manufacturing / vendors with any issues they may have when manufacturing a system or sub-system.
- Ability to direct designers to produce all engineering drawings such as Assembly Drawings (A/D), General Arrangement drawings (G/A) and Electrical schematics and Wing Diagrams (S/D).
- Perform all required calculations and analysis (Cable sizing, wire ampacity and types, etc..).
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in controls design / application engineering
- Basic technical knowledge of electrical control system including electronic instrumentation (printed circuit boards, single board computer, computer hardware)
- Familiarity with Siemens S7 PLC its tools like WinCC, TIA portal
- Ability to create technical reports and specifications
- Familiarity with design for reliability (DFR) and design for manufacturing (DFM)
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio
- Familiarity with DOORS strongly preferred
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more