Role Summary / Purpose
Baker Hughes is seeking a lawyer with Oil & Gas / Energy experience to assume the role of Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) Senior Legal Counsel for APAC. Based in Kuala Lumpur, the TPS Senior Legal Counsel will be an integral member of the APAC management team and will report directly to the TPS Executive General Counsel for MENATI and APAC.Essential Responsibilities
The TPS Senior Legal Counsel will support the TPS APAC region team. The role involves working closely with the regional business teams, providing strategic and legal support to help drive growth in the region, negotiating a variety of agreements and ensuring regional compliance with risk processes and procedures.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Supporting the TPS legal leadership team to manage the legal and compliance affairs of the region, including requisite Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other related training.
- Apprise management team on risks and exposures.
- Review / negotiate / draft various agreements, including those related to vendors, agents, NDA's, MOU's (i.e. non-customer agreements).
- Provide advice on matters of local law across the region, in particular public procurement laws, competition laws and integrity laws (anti-bribery and anti-corruption).
- Interface with suppliers, business partners, and government agencies.
- Support, train and mentor sales and commops teams on legal and compliance issues
- Manage, and/or work together with other Legal Groups to manage region litigation, including determination of reserves/accruals and reporting thereof.
- Participation in management of channel partners including, but not limited to, due diligence or terminations thereof.
- Together with other Legal Groups, participate in managing notable issues relating to customer contracts, corporate administration, labor and employment, trade compliance/customs, tax and corporate compliance.
- Responsible for monitoring new legislation and changes to existing legislation which could affect BHGE.
- Responsible for implementation of compliance policies and training of management in conjunction with the TPS legal leadership team and BHGE Ethics & Compliance Group.
- JD (or equivalent) with active bar membership.
- Extensive experience at a large, preferably international, law firm or multinational company's corporate legal department working on a variety of commercial / business legal matters in the region, including previous experience of drafting, negotiating and closing complex business transactions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and strategic thinking
- Ability to manage complex issues and work in a collaborative environment.
- Candidate must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Customer focused, entrepreneurial, self-reliant and engaged
- Collaborative team player
- Experience with Oil & Gas / Energy sectors
- Ability to provide creative and compliant solutions while juggling multiple priorities
- Initiative to take on new challenges and lead change in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills