Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Electronics Component Engineer is at the heart of the electronics technology used for downhole exploration and production. He/she brings the technology to the maturity level needed by engineering to develop new products and provides solutions to Manufacturing. The Component Engineer will work within the Component CPE (ie Center for Practice Excellence) and in close collaboration with the Downhole Computations CPE. The main role of the Component Engineer is to select and qualify components for downhole use with a focus on digital electronics (ie processor, Flash, RAM, FPGA, ...)
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
The "Electronics Component Engineer" will perform the following activities within the Component CPE:
- Monitor new component technologies through collaboration with universities, research centers and industries with a focus on digital electronics (processors, memories, and digital communication)
- Collaborate with the Downhole Computations CPE to define new digital components and to qualify them
- Select and drive electrical component qualification for
- New component technologies
- Engineering project needs
- Modernize the list of preferred parts (ie PPL) by performing market survey and comparing criteria such as performances, reliability and supply chain
- Support projects in selecting components based on mission profiles and qualified technologies
- Propose input to the Component CPE for the component technology roadmap and new potential technologies to evaluate (for improved performance, improved reliability, ...)
- Coordinate outsourced activities including electrical characterization, construction/physical evaluations, failure analysis, etc... of electrical components.
- Master degree or equivalent
- Recent Graduate or 3 year in similar activities
- Electronics & component technologies in analog and digital design / solutions
- English (French welcome)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.