Baker Hughes has an opening for a Mechanical Assembler - 2nd Shift at one of our facilities in Claremore, OK. The Mechanical Assembler will assemble components and perform functional testing.Essential Responsibilities:
- Position involves assembly and testing.
- Job may also involve work on new product lines.
- Applicant will work under the direction of the Supervisor, Group leader or experienced associates in the area.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Overtime may be required
- 2nd Shift work schedule: Mon-Thurs 3pm - 1am
- Will train on 1st shift: Mon-Thurs 5am - 3pm
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of experience in a hands on mechanical role such as mechanical assembly or mechanic
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Understanding of lean principles and 6S
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Solid understanding of blueprints and bill of materials
- Familiar with the use of common hand tools.
- Use of precise measuring equipment
- Able to follow manufacturing methods
- Safety and quality oriented.
- Manufacturing environment experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Stable work history
- Understanding of complex assemblies
- SAP experience
- CNC Lathe experience a plus
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more