Job Title: Project HSE Manager/ Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager (HSE &Q Manager)Location: Charleston, West VirginiaEmployee: Project Direct Hire
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil, Gas and Chemicals Industry. Our client, a growing Chemical Manufacturer, is seeking a HSE&Q Manager for a project direct hire position (approx. 1 year with the option to stay full-time) to be based in Charleston, West Virginia.Job Summary
This person will oversee all HSE& Q plans required to build a high value CAPEX (capital expenditure) project in excess of $500MM for Greenfield chemicals project.
The HSE&Q Manager will have responsibility to plan, organize and control the safety function of the plan to ensure that an effective accident prevention program is maintain and that appropriate measures are taken to comply with corporate, OSHA, and related safety policies and directives.
- Manage and provide information during PSM and corporate auditing practices.
- Conduct root cause investigations.
- Manage the Structured Safety Process for site
- Oversee Emergency Response Program with Industrial Complex
- Manage process hazard analysis/hazops
- Manages all external/internal HSE and PSM Audits
- Manages Industrial Hygiene Program
- Manage Drug and Alcohol Testing Program
- Responsible for Incident Management.
- Complete annual site HSE self-assessment.
- Observes workers and work practices to ensure that protective devices and safe work procedures are used.
- Initiates and ensures investigations of accidents and unsafe working conditions, compiling statistical data and providing remedial actions to achieve effective accident prevention and avoidance of losses.
- Acts as liaison with government agencies and serves as plant management representative in case of inquiries and inspections to correct deficiencies and to minimize citations and fines for noncompliance.
- Acts as plant liaison with inspectors of insurance carriers. Determines management's position on inspectors' recommendations and prepares written response accordingly.
- Keeps abreast of OSHA and corporate safety regulations and standards applicable to the plant.
- Communicates with and/or trains employees to the extent appropriate to achieve understanding and compliance of same. Develops and prepares plant safety procedures and rules, ensures their communication to those affected, and audits for compliance.
- Maintains close follow-up with employees or family members of those employees who may have been seriously injured while at work.
- Manages injury reports for Workers Compensation Claims
- Provide various HSE-related reports as needed
- Manage Environmental Permitting program and permit amendments.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Bachelor's degree or 15 years' relevant working experience may be substituted
- Minimum Ten (10) years of experience HSE
- Experience supporting high value capital projects in excess of $200MM
- Experience implementing safety procedures from scratch, writing HSE and safety procedures
- CSP certification preferred
- Environmental knowledge a plus
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of a growing Chemical Manufacturer who is driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive compensation package as well as comprehensive benefits, paid time off, and more. For further information regarding this role or to discuss other opportunities contact Mishu Ullah.
*Relocation is available*
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.