Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 11 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Aero Repairs Process Manager will lead the business execution for all Americas O&G Aero Duty Gas Turbine repairs work across the Jacinto Port (J-Port) Repair shop. They will induct and prioritize projects according to customer needs, contractual obligations and business financial and fulfillment commitment, monitor customer centric metrics to drive process improvement, and be the central contact for all project stakeholders) serving to liaise between Baker Hughes divisions and their respective stakeholders.
In the role of Aero Repairs Process Manager, you will:
- Collaborate on a weekly basis with Commercial Operations managers, Sales reprersentatives, Contractual Service Managers (CSM)and Contractual Performance Managers (CPM) to identify Shop Allocations needed in the next 18 months and assure that such needs are received and implemented in J-Port planning
- Control fulfillment operations through the several Shop Gates and Estimated Time for Delivery including criticalities (material, workload, bottlenecks in any area of the J-Port shop
- For transactional Projects - lead the communication with CSM and commercial team on the following activities (firm proposal for repairs, (labors and material) and items/info need from Customer or other hold points to proceed with the repairs
- For Global Contracts - Ask CPM Support to identify extraworks Vs Scope of Work suggested and assure the segregation of Global and Extra costs for each repair.
- Ensure that prioritization define by BH team will be executed by J-Port fulfillment team
- Establish and lead weekly review with Americas Area Leaders and CSM/CPM for each Project Progress Review (progress on activities, costs, criticalities, risk management)
- Proactive communications with CSM or CPM in case of any deviation from timeline, SoW, costs and provide mitigation plans
- Work with all the BH and JV functions to support the BH quarterly sales/CM plan - including timely billing from JV - and participate to the weekly QMI to provide all the updates needed by the management
- Support the operations and finance team in the understanding, analysis and financial management of the repair projects from induction through completion. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, driving cost visibility, ensuring accuracy and completeness and working with relevant stakeholders to ensure a strong financial process in place through the fulfillment process
- Perform quarterly review with TPS management, JV Management to discuss Metrics for General BH Programming, On Time Delivery (OTD), Turn Around Time (TAT), Actual Costs Vs Budget, Quality Metrics, Lesson Learned and suggested optimizations and productivity initiatives
- Support and Facilitate BH stakeholder and Customer visits/meeting in the J-Port Repair Shop
- Develop and adapt processes to improve costing and OTD, TAT, visibility, and work with peers to deploy these best-practices through our world-wide repair network
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Industrial Engineering from an accredited school or institution (OR High School Diploma / GED from an accredited school or institution and a minimum 11 years of experience in Shop Management, Project Management, commercial customer relationships, Contract Management and/or field technical support)
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Shop Management, Project Management, commercial customer relationships, Contract Management and/or field technical support
- Travel up to 60% of the time to attend JV shop activities/meetings, as required
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple customer events of complex execution simultaneously
- Demonstrable business and commercial acumen, ability to interpret contract terms and business financials.
- Advanced understanding of project management
- MS Office Suite
- Strong Excel skills
- Quick learner
- Good organization skills and attention to details
- ln-depth repair management specific to O&G operations
- Knowledge of Baker Hughes Aero Derivative Gas Turbines, Gas Generators, and High-Speed Power Turbines
- Experience with gas turbine technology
- Experience in use of Oracle (or other ERP system)
- Houston, TX
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more