Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor, Safety Training Rep
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The Supervisor - NSA Training will perform multiple tasks, including oversight and supervision that are related to the training department, to include assisting and maintaining training cost, support regional offices as well as assist in developing training requirements for new territories and/or customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain external training cost elements in training matrix • Develop and maintain regional training and competency budget
• Research and Locate New Training Sources • Research training requirements from operators, agencies and regulatory bodies
• Support effective implementation of newly introduced Training programs from other departments
• Report training & competency results to Operators as required
• Lead and/or Participate in initiatives to promote visible and pro-active management commitment and employee involvement in policy activities
• Supervises maintenance of training records and documents in the Learning Management System
• Support regional team in monitoring the impact of competence management system on operations' effectiveness, efficiency, and risk management
• Educate regional managers and employees on competence practices, programs and benefits
• Prepare Global competence plan, yearly goals and ensure regional plan and goals align with global goals and business strategy
• Develop, manage and communicate regional competence metrics/scorecards/KPIs collaboratively with regional management team
• Work collaboratively with Global management team in integrating competence management within operations
• Drive & manage change effectively in accordance with Change and Non-Conformance Management procedure
• Review and develop regional training and competency policies and procedures
• Makes changes to OJT/competency standards/frameworks as required, with feedback from operations • Attend meeting with industry (IADC, OPITO, O & G UK etc.) representing the company on Training and Competency related matters
• Attend external audits for the operator and regulatory bodies (HSE, PSA etc.) if required
Education, Training, Licenses and/or Certifications
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field or equivalent experience is preferred
Skills and Experience
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills, including ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
• Team-player attitude
• Service-oriented approach
• Solid work ethic
• Ability to work independently without direct supervision
• Must have above average people skills and able to work effectively with a diverse staff, subcontractors and vendors
• Must have proven mediation skills, demonstrated project management skills, superior communication and strategic planning skills
• Must be able to multi-task and change direction frequently depending on directives from the customer
• Previous experience in a training supervisory role
• The ability to prioritize and manage your workload, responding to requests in a timely fashion.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Ability to motivate and inspire people
• Ability to work under pressure and make sound decisions
• Very good computer skills particularly with MS Word and Excel
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Required to sit for long periods of time
• Infrequent light physical effort required
• The work environment characteristics are consistent with office and training facilities located in a technical field such as the oil and gas industry. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Valaris is an equal opportunity employer in all aspects of employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other non-job related factors.
Ensco plc brings energy to the world as a global provider of offshore drilling services to the petroleum industry. For more than 27 years, the company has focused on operating safely and going beyond customer expectations. We are the industry leader in customer satisfaction, ranking first for five consecutive years with top honors for 2014 in 10 of 16 categories in an independent industry survey.
Operating one of the world’s newest ultra-deepwater fleets and largest fleets of premium jackups, Ensco has a major presence in the most strategic offshore basins across six continents.
Operating across six continents, our high-quality fleet (existing and under construction) includes 11 drillships, 11 dynamically-positioned semisubmersibles, 3 moored semisubmersibles and 43 premium jackups. In addition, we provide drilling management for 5 customer-owned deepwater rigs. Our rigs have drilled some of the most complex wells in virtually every major offshore basin around the globe.
Our customers are multinational integrated energy companies, national oil companies and independent operators. With safety and operational excellence as our highest priorities, our skilled employees consistently exceed customer expectations, using our proven Safe Systems of Work.
We manage our operations through five regional business units:
- North and South America (excluding Brazil), based in Houston;
- Brazil, based in Macaé;
- Europe and the Mediterranean, based in Aberdeen;
- Middle East and Africa, based in Dubai; and
- Asia and Pacific Rim, based in Singapore.