Our client, a large oil and gas company is urgently seeking a Category Specialist for a 2 month contract in Calgary, AB.
Category Specialist III
- Participates in and may lead the development and execution of sourcing initiatives.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market strategies.
- The role includes understanding the local business objectives and desired outcomes, engaging internal customers, understanding options and risks associated with supply chain activities, building supplier relationships in order to achieve superior supplier performance, negotiating commercial terms to deliver best value solutions, and the measurement/reporting of the value delivered.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Working with the relevant stakeholders to implement sourcing processes to ensure delivery of business plans and market sector/commodity strategies
- Developing sourcing strategies in alignment with applicable market sector / commodity strategies and specific business objectives
- Understanding business requirements for third party goods and services
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of relevant supply market places
- Engaging the business and provide guidance on PSCM process and risk management - Managing supplier relationships, engagement and involvement
- Supporting the team with all chosen initiatives which includes development of scope, supplier selection, commercial negotiation, and contract execution
- Ensuring the PSCM common processes are implemented, used and continually improved - 7-10 years of relevant experience
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.