Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to set up and operate production machines such as manual lathes, manual mills and saws. Machine materials to drawing specifications. Reads and interprets drawings and specifications, to include Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T), as required. Performs in process inspections as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Studies sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications and sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece. Sequences operations and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills and lathes.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut. Enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketches of part or product to be fabricated.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of five (5) years in a manual machining environment including:
- Prior experience running Haas Tool room Lathe, a plus.
- Experience must be with manual machines (Mills & Lathes).
- Proficient in the use of quality control measuring devices (micrometers, gauges, indicators, scales calipers, etc.).
- Ability to read and edit machine programs and comprehend GD&T.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.